Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Vikes vs. Pack — Year 3


Wow do I have a lot to catch up on concerning the blog! So before I get overwhelmed, I'll share some pics with you. It's easy to do and it's always a hit with Brevin's grandparents. ;) The pics of Brevin are from a few weeks ago, but since Erin and I attended our third Viking/Packer game (all three have ended with the same result by the way), I figured this would be an appropriate time.

You can find the pics here.

Despite the poor performance by the Vikings, I had a great time. We picked up my brother J-Bone and his friend Snake and we all headed to a parking lot outside the Dome for some tailgating. It's amazing the price hike from one year to the next just to tailgate. Last year it was $25 (which was spendy enough). This year, try $40! Oh well, it was worth it.

Brevin did not attend his first Vikes vs. Pack brawl and looking back, we're glad. Thankfully his grandma Eidsmoe and aunt Emily came down and babysat. The amount of swearing (on both sides of the ball) was tremendous. Erin thought it would be nice if there were a "Family Section". I wholeheartedly agreed.

It was funny how the stereotypes remained true to form. The Vikings fans behind us had the worst mouths and cursed their own team as much, if not more, as they cursed their opponent. Meanwhile the Packer fans next to me were drunk before they got there and didn't stop drinking during the game. If I never hear a slurred version of the phrase "Yea baby!" again that'll be fine by me.

Despite the initial disappointment by Vikings fans, when Brett threw the now famous #421, 98% of us stood and clapped in honor of his accomplishment. It was neat to see almost all of the sold out Metrodome on their feet recognizing Brett. Shortly after the celebration, we were greeted with a pre-recorded video of Dan Marino giving a half-hearted congratulations to Mr. 4 for taking away his last unbeaten record.

All-in-all, we had a great time and can't wait to go next year. And just so I make myself clear after giving the Packers so much love...

GO VIKINGS!!!

Thankfully Mission Maker 2008 is done. We finished the loose ends this morning. That always feels good. I didn't put in nearly the amount of time at home like the past few years. It was only one week of late nights. Having a son made it 100 times harder to work. Erin was basically a single mom last week. (Thanks again Erin.) It's an experience I never want her to have to go through again. Thankfully there is always room for improvement and next year I'm confident the mag can be completed on work time, not family time.

When you get the magazine (if you don't, let me know and I'll get you a free one) take a look and see if you can tell I did the last half and STEM's other designer did the first half. I personally don't think so and think we make a great team. (Great job bigD!)

Thank you to everyone who prayed for us during this. Hopefully the magazine will be used to glorify God in ways we couldn't even imagine!


...Last but never least...


—b

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW Brevy looks so cute sleeping with his mouth open....oh yeah, Happy Birthday Mom! lol
~Naener

Anonymous said...

I miss your blog.
love, mom