Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"Won't You Wear a Sweater?" Day


Thursday, March 20th is "National Sweater Day: In Memory of Mr. Rogers" Now I don't know if it technically is "National Sweater Day" but a group on Facebook is at least deeming it so. I'm pretty sure the group was started after "Won't You Be My Neighbor Days" being held in Pittsburgh March 15–20. In fact, the very own Mr. McFeely is the official spokesman of the event. You can watch a two minute clip below:




Anyway, Facebook allows people to create events and this is one of them. It's fun, innocent, and...well...nerdy. But who cares. So I thought it would be fun to participate in. Last night I told Erin I need to remember to wear a sweater tomorrow. She obviously wondered why. So I was able to tell her about the event. Her response:

So you'll willing wear a sweater in honor of Mr. Rogers but when it comes to wearing one for me, it's like pulling teeth.




She got me. When I get to work this morning I realized something. Today isn't Thursday, it's Wednesday! "National Sweater Day" is tomorrow.

—b

No comments: