Wednesday, April 30, 2008

McDonald's Theology


I feel I need to apologize to McDonald's.

The other day, I insinuated McDonald's was a reason people believe they are overweight. When in fact, I did something that I usually let get under my skin, people blaming others for their own actions. Sorry Ronald!

If people are unhappy about their weight and blame McDonald's...then stop going to McDonald's! It should be that easy but when we can try and blame others for our current situation (and possibly even make a buck off of it), why should we take responsibility for our own actions?

I guess it can be attributed to being born into sin. But then I might have to expand on that and create a dissertation called McDonald's Theology. It would probably be an interesting read and have several pictures of burgers, fries, and chicken nuggets but then that would make people hungry and then they would eat at McDonald's and blame me for their weight gain! It's downward spiral.

I realize sarcasm doesn't translate well via blogs so I hope you can pick up on mine. I guess the whole point of this post is to remind myself we need to take responsibility for our own actions and not play the blame game. Even if the one on the other end is a creepy, red-haired, ridiculously rich clown. ;)

—b


Why Does The Snooze Button Only Give You Nine More Minutes Of Sleep?

By the time the snooze feature was added in the 1950s, the innards of alarm clocks had long been standardized. This meant that the teeth on the snooze gear had to mesh with the existing gear configuration, leaving engineers with a single choice: They could set the snooze for either a little more than nine minutes, or a little more than 10 minutes. But because reports indicated that 10 minutes was too long, allowing people to fall back into a “deep” sleep, clock makers decided on the nine-minute gear, believing people would wake up easier and happier after a shorter snooze. We’d tend to disagree with that logic, but, then, we must be in the lazy minority. Although today’s digital clocks can be programmed to have a snooze of any length, most stick with nine minutes because that’s what consumers expect. —MentalFloss.com

No comments: