Thursday, May 01, 2008

Kids Are People Too


"It's a show that's quite simply a great way to say, kids are people too."

I stumbled upon this picture and was wondering if it was indeed a real show. After asking Mr. Google, he gave me the affirmative and even took me to a clip of the show.




I think what struck me so funny was the title. Was there ever a question that kids were people? I know there was a "women's lib" movement but was this the beginning of a "kid's lib"? Or maybe they were trying to put to rest the old saying, "Children should be seen and not heard"? But even then, those two examples don't say kids aren't people.

If kids weren't people, what are they? Ellie Statler of Jurassic Park is quoted as calling them "Tiny versions of adults". Or what about the principle in the movie Uncle Buck? She referred to them as "eggs".

"I say eggs because at the elementary level, we are not dealing with fully developed individuals."


Well kudos to the ground breaking show called "Kids Are People Too". It's about time kids were recognized as completely human! ;)

—b

No comments: