Friday, October 10, 2008

The Christian Radio Test


This morning I took our Buick (Josey) to get her oil changed. Every time I bring a vehicle into get looked at, I always like to perform the "Christian Radio Test".

Whether I happen to be listening to the local Christian radio station (KTIS) or not, I always make sure to have the KTIS playing (on a low volume) when I leave the car. Parts of me thinks it might have a positive effect on whom ever turns the car on next, another part of me likes to plug Christian radio (even if they don't necessarily play my taste), but for the most part, I like to see if when I get back in the car, what's playing on the radio.

I would think because the mechanic isn't in the vehicle for very long, they'd leave it be. I have the same mentality when it comes to my seat/steering wheel settings. For the most part, they aren't in the interior of the vehicle to do any work, it's all under the hood. So why should any settings be changed by the time I get back in.

I have been doing this unofficial test for a few years now, and 99.99% of the time, the radio is either turned off, or has been switched to another station. The only exception has been when that particular service station was playing KTIS in the background of their garage.

This morning was no different. By the time I got back in, the Twin Cities classic rock station was playing. I can't say I blame them...but why change the station of someone elses car?

Am I wrong in thinking that's odd? I purposely turn the volume down low enough so that it can still be heard but shouldn't be a distraction. My seat/steering wheel settings have never changed, why the radio? The only thing I can think of concerning the radio being turned off is that it may be a company policy. But actually turning the radio to a different station?

I'm tempted to start leaving the station on a classic rock or something "safe" to see what the results are.

Enjoy your weekend...no matter what you're listening to! ;)

—b

No comments: