Monday, October 06, 2008

Enjoying Life


Have I mentioned how much I enjoy not getting "owned" by life?

This past weekend we were able to enjoy Grandma and Grandpa Johnson making the trek from Wisconsin. We got to enjoy a Gopher football victory, super-saturating ourselves at the Old Country Buffet, Sunday morning church, and just visiting with one another.

"Enjoy". What a great word.

I'm not going to say much in this post except with the busyness of life recently, I can't say I've really enjoyed going through the past month. Looking back on working constantly, health issues, and an overflowing calendar of events, God has really blessed us in making us appreciate the everyday joys of one another. The fact that I get to be home and actually focus on my wife and son is a huge blessing! Before this past month, I don't know how obvious that would have been to me.

It's not that God has given me a new job (yet), or more wealth, or even more "stuff". All of which we are told we need to enjoy life. He just made it obvious how much I enjoy what He's given me.

Thank you Father for the tough times. And thank you for showing me what I truly have. A life that, because of You, I can enjoy.

—b

No comments: