Friday, August 28, 2009

Little Miss Ellie

Ellie's been eating cereal for awhile now, and we are slowing starting to introduce her to fruits and vegetables. I know what you're thinking - she's almost 8 months old are you're just starting this now! In my defense, we've had a busy summer. I know it's a flimsy excuse, but it's all I got :)

Anyway, we've tried carrots a couple of times with no success, so I decided to give it another go yesterday. She was not very happy with me, in fact, she physically removed the spoon from her mouth with her hand! Then the fun really started. She gagged herself and then proceed to throw-up her entire dinner all over herself and the highchair! When I told you she didn't like carrots, I was not exaggerating! Needless to say, I don't think we will be trying carrots again for awhile ;)

Ellie's also at that stage where she'll grab anything she can get her little hands on, especially my glasses. I don't necessarily want my glasses totally bent out of shape, so I've started telling her no when she grabs them. Enter another thing that she strongly dislikes! Anytime I tell her no, she bursts out in tears and a pout bigger than I've ever seen before. I have a feeling we are going to have a very opinionated little girl on our hands - we are in trouble!

I'll leave you with a cute little video taken at the Twins game 2 weeks ago. Ellie is all full of smiles and is really enjoying grandpa hat!



Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: