Friday, March 10, 2006

Life's Uncertainties


2:32 am yesterday morning, I woke up to Erin having difficulty breathing.
Now, let me clarify...it's not as bad as it sounds. Too be completely honest, I am still confused as to what happened. But I will tell you what I know.

First off, Erin is fine. (Well, she married a goof for a husband, but other than that, she is fine.) ;) Anyway, Erin's crying woke me up early yesterday morning. It was more of a "I'm dying because I can't take deep breaths but I don't want you to take me to a hospital" cry. Basically, she was freaking out. And I mean that in the nicest, most sympathetic way possible.

In between the crying and panicking, she was able to convey she had a pain immediately below her sternum. She could breath, all be it ever so shallow. Because of her pain while breathing, she started to cry, which in turn, made it even more difficult to breath. (Kind a fun chain of events.)

Anyway, after coming to my senses and realizing that me being Spider-Man was just a dream, I tried to first settle her down and reassure her that she was going to be ok. She turned down my offer to bring her to the hospital. I then offered to perform a homemade trachiatomy (I have no idea how to spell that word) by using only a spoon and a hollow pen (MacGuyver would be proud). I received the infamous "look of 'I'm going to kill you if I survive this' look" and quickly realized that trying to bring some humor to the situation was not a good idea.

Time was moving as slowly as this post is. I hate the feeling of helplessness. What was I supposed to do? So, I did the only thing I could do...stay with her and try and help her anyway I could.

Stumbling out of the bedroom and into the guest bathroom, she got a close look at the inside of our American Standard toilet and shared with me what she had eaten that day. (She later told me she choose that bathroom because it was cleaner than the one connected to our room. Number 1,883,916 on the list of what I find confusing about women.) After a few flushes turned into what seemed a few hours, and debating if we should sleep on the linoleum floor, I helped her into bed.

Hitting the play button on the DVD remote, Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" graced us with it's Victorian age clothing and British accents. I made sure to stay awake until Erin fell asleep. Luckily that didn't take very long. (Although I never got to see what happened between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. Oh how I do hope that one such as the ever so mysterious Mr. Darcy comes to terms with his undeniable infatuation with the lovely miss Elizabeth.)

It must have been a little after 4:00 am by the time I fell asleep. I had called STEM around 3:00 am to let them know why I was going to be late the next work day. I ended up being 1:30 pm late the next work day. Everyone at STEM was genuinely concerned for Erin which is such a benefit to working here.

Having said that, I will end my novel of a post here by stating the obvious...You never know what's going to happen any time of the day so our hearts must always be ready to spend eternity with our heavenly father.

—b


Friday, March 10th, 2006/1 John

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
They [false teachers] went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us. —1 John 2:19

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?

In my young Christian opinion, I believe this passage answers the question of interpretation of 2 Peter 2:20-22. Summing it up, we can't fall away from the faith if we never truly had it to begin with.

No comments: