Friday, March 31, 2006

Bizarre


Just like a monkey which happens to look like George Burns, the following post is bizarre. All of the following points are true. Some of them are serious, and the others...well, happy Friday!
  • Erin and I are watching Anna this weekend.
  • Bella is lucky crayons are non-toxic.
  • My busy couple of weeks has passed (for now).
  • I'm currently listening to Tom Jones.
  • My cousin Jason and his fiance are now going to the same church as Erin and me.
  • A 12 x 24 poster that we are currently designing for STEM will have paper dolls on it.
  • The amount of registered witches has doubled every year for the past 4 years in the Twin Cities.
  • Bella is scared of Sesame Street's Elmo.
  • I am currently designing wedding invitations (my 5th overall).
  • In the midst of all of my work, I'm designing a website for my dad and me. (berntbruce.com)
And last but not least...
  • Every time we are about to feed Bella, she runs around Grandma Horkey's old vaccum cleaner. Every time!
Have a great weekend, be sure to watch and support Major League Soccer, and help control the pet population by having your pets spayed or neutered.

—b




Friday, March 31st, 2006/Matthew chapter 26

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to His disciples, "Sit here while I go over there and pray." And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be grieved and distressed. —Matthew 26:36 and 37

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
It's not so much the verses that apply as the history behind them. Throughout Christ's 33 years on earth, there are stories of Peter...well how do I put this...being Peter. He says whatever he's thinking and usually puts his foot in his mouth because of it. (He's my kind of guy. I can easily relate to him.)

Here, Jesus told his disciples to wait while he went to pray, but choose Peter, James, and John to come with Him. An understatement would be to call this an honor. This shows how much Jesus loved Peter despite his past and near future. (Peter was shortly going to deny knowing Jesus 3 times.)

In my humble opion, I think 1 reason Christ loved Peter was he was always up front and "real" with Him. Peter wanted to sit at the right hand of God. He wanted to walk on water with Jesus. He wanted to be more glofied by having Jesus wash all of him and not just his feet. And when Peter denied knowing Jesus, afterwards, he "wept bitterly". He didn't just shrug the incident off.

Peter loved Jesus. So for all of the stupid stuff I say and do, at the end of my earthly life, I want people to say, "Yea, he did a lot of dumb things, but Bernt loved Jesus."

No comments: