Monday, March 27, 2006

What Happened!?!

I still want the throw-up!

Didn't anybody watch and cheer for the Golden Rodents!?! I gave you all an assignment to watch and cheer for them! This is what happens when I put you in charge! (Sorry, I just needed to vent.) :)

The last time I remember feeling this sick about a game is when the Atlanta Falcons beat the 15-1 Minnesota Vikings to go to the Super Bowl. The only thing I'm thankful for is that I wasn't able to watch the game.

I'm going to stop talking about the game since it makes things worse, instead I'll give you a quick recap of our weekend in Wisconsin.

On Saturday, Kevin, De, Erin, Danae and her friend "Jimmer", and I piled in the Dodge Caravan and headed to UW-Milwaukee. Danae and Jimmer's spring break was over and to be honest, I think they were both ready to be back at college. I don't remember much about the drive there (or back for that matter) since I spent the majority of time snoring in the back seat. (Believe me, Erin woke me up several times because I was snoring.)

We dropped off Danae's cargo and Jimmer at the dorms and proceeded to head to the mall. If I didn't know any better, I would have guessed it was the day after Thanksgiving. The mall and parking lot was packed! According to Danae, that's the norm for the mall. We each spent some money at the food court. Where else can you have American, Italian, Cajun, and Japanese food all within 50 feet of one another? Got to love food courts.

From the mall we headed to the local "Pick-n-Save" for dormroom groceries. Now, I don't do well in grocery stores since I soon lose interest and all-but throw a temper tantrum so we can leave. Luckily I was able to entertain myself with some green wire ties and a cheese coupon. (I made a really cool flag.)

We unloaded the groceries and Danae and headed for home. Again, the 3+ hour trip went really fast since I slept the way home. (Now I know why Erin loves to sleep whenever we take a road trip.)

Sunday we (Erin) had a 5 minute presentation in the youth Sunday school and after second service we spent almost 3 hours meeting with our Trinidad team. I thought Session 2 went better than Session 1 a month before. There was more interaction and I think it's becoming more real to people that we are actually going to Trinidad.

Approximately 4:30 we headed back to Minnesota. Both girls (Erin and Bella) slept the majority of the way while I festered upon the result of Friday's hockey game.

So here we are, Monday morning. I hope everyone else had a good and relaxing weekend. And here's to next year.

—b


Monday, March 27th, 2006/Matthew chapters 10 and 11

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often should my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven." —Matthew 18:21-22

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?

God leads by example. He will always forgive us as long as we repent. We must do the same for those who sin against us (and ultimately against God). I have trouble forgiving someone once let alone 70 x 7. Again, this proves how much we need the Lord's forgiveness and how high His standards are. He demands perfection, even if the Gophers don't. ;)

No comments: