Monday, August 14, 2006

An Anna-bug Weekend

Weekend Theme: Anna and Bugs!

It has been a long time since Anna had been over. It's not for a lack of wanting to see her but for a lack of opportunity. We definitely missed her.

Friday we picked her up from daycare and, of course, one of the first questions is "Where's Bella?" And we used our default answer, "In her kennel sleeping." Like clockwork. It's kinda fun knowing some things haven't changed.

That night Anna and Bella were inseperable. From going on walks, to playing with Bella's toys, and even Bella sleeping next to her young babysitter. Bella did really well with all of Anna's love.

Saturday (after playing with Bella in the park) we headed out to the movie "Ant Bully." It was one of those that I really didn't want to see. I'm usually attracted the Pixar-type movies but this one didn't appeal to me. Maybe that's why I ended up liking it so much. I was really suprised. A great cast of actors/voices, story, funny, and, a lot of action. What impressed me even more was that it was done using Texas Instruments: DLP technology. Wow. I think the famous THX has met it's match.

Following the end of the movie, it was time to say goodbye. We all had a lot of fun. Even Bella.

Sunday, Erin and I picked up J-Bone for some food and shopping and, of course, one of the first questions is "Where's Bella?" (No he didn't really say that, I was just trying to keep you on your toes.) But he did want to go to Best Buy.

So after the boys found their DVD's (I picked up the classic "Ladybugs") our tummies were making funny noices so we ended up at Champ's sports bar and grill for some fine dining.

Up next came car shopping. Erin has been looking at cars for a while now. After a bunch of research and recommendations, the top 3 choices are ones that I would have never guessed: Mazda 3, Toyota Corolla, and the Honda Civic. All foreign cars. That is a stretch for me. But if I'm going to listen to the reports, that's what we got. Anyway, we are still in the beginning stages, but I'd like to think we are getting closer to finding the right car for us.

That night, we kept it low key as I was needing some rest and Erin watched some TV and did some cleaning. I think those are my favorite nights.

—b


Monday, August 14th 2006/Psalm chapters 46-50

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
"For every beast of the forest is Mine,
The cattle on a thousand hills."
I know every bird of the mountains,
And everything that moves in the field is Mine.
If I were hungry I would not tell you,
For the world is Mine, and all it contains."
—Psalm 50:10–12

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
It's God's. Everything we have. Everything we work for. It's God's. Out life, well, that's God's too. We have to remember that we are just passing through our life here on earth. And instead of trying to accumulate stuff while we're here, we should store up treasures that will actually last — those in heaven.


Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.


BE IN PRAYER FOR:
WITCHCRAFT IN THE TWIN CITIES

There are an estimated 20,000 witches of all types who live in our metro area who meet in 179 different witch covens/groups. Many witches are drawn to the Twin Cities area because of the many lakes and rivers, which have spiritual significance to them.
• Celtic Youth Circle, Anoka

No comments: