Thursday, August 24, 2006

Enjoy the Freshness...


...Celebrate the Difference

On Monday and Wednesday of this week, I did freelance work for Chef Tri Dey Mayer of Lemon Grass Kitchen. (For those of you who have been reading this blog for a while now, you may remember this post.)

Tri Dey is the lovely wife of the "CityView Report guy." She will be graduating from the culinary arts here really soon and has already been catering for a few years now. Anyway, she has wanted an updated logo. Pictured above is the result of our work together.

It's not that her last one was bad, (pictured on the left) but it's always fun to come up with something...well...fresh.
Eventually (probably sometime in December or January) she will have a website and will be making millions and millions of dollars and she'll be taking me with her. ;) Well, I don't know about the millions of dollars but I'm excited to see a website of her yumminess.

—b

ON A SIDE NOTE: I apologize for the inconsistancy of my posting. My goal is to post one a day, even if it is just the results of my quiet time, but recently I have been as John Mayer put it, "blogged out". Hopefully I'll get back on track soon. Thanks everyone for coming back. It's always fun to see the hit counter go up and comments on posts.


Thursday, August 24th 2006/Psalm chapters 96-101

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
I will set no worthless thing before my eyes;
I hate the work of those who fall away;
It shall not fasten its grip on me.
—Psalm 101:3

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
Some great principles are crammed into this verse.
  1. I won't tempt myself with situations that may cause me to sin
  2. Hate the work (not the people) of those who revolt against God. (Note it said "hate" not "tolerate".)
  3. Because that same work 0f #2 may tempt me and lead me to sin, I will stay away knowing it could "fasten its grip on me;" Hense #1


Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.


BE IN PRAYER FOR:
WITCHCRAFT IN THE TWIN CITIES

There are an estimated 20,000 witches of all types who live in our metro area who meet in 179 different witch covens/groups. Many witches are drawn to the Twin Cities area because of the many lakes and rivers, which have spiritual significance to them.
• Church of the Earth (Brothers of the Earth), Minneapolis

No comments: