Thursday, August 17, 2006

Jiffy Lube vs. Jeep

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Yesterday morning I got an oil change. (Exciting huh?) Well, that's what I thought until after work when Erin noticed the Jeep peeing oil all over the garage. Were not not talking a little either.

After putting a couple of buckets to catch what was left, I called Jiffy Lube and told them what had happened and asked them if they noticed anything concerning leaking oil when I brought it in. "Nothing major."

Hmmm...

So I drove it back and had them take a look at it. It was two younger guys and they determined that it was leaking oil. (They honestly told me that. I thought it was kind of funny.) Anyway they topped it off and told me they couldn't do anything more for me.

So after a quick trip to Target to pick up some cat litter to soak up Jeep urine, I headed for freelance (which I was already running an hour and 15 minutes late). When I got there, guess what, yep, Betty (my Jeep's name) couldn't hold her bladder any longer.

With freelance being cancelled, I pulled back into the driveway and popped the hood. This time I noticed the oil cap was missing. With it being 8:15, I figured I'd get Jiffy Lube's answering machine. Nope, they were still there. Two minutes later I pulled in there garage and they gave me a new oil cap. But that's all they gave me. I asked more questions as to what could have happened, and they started talking to me in "car code". I gathered they didn't know.

So here we are. 9:14 and I'm about to head over to Master Automotive for them to take a look at Betty's irritable bowl syndrome. Hopefully it will be a quick, cheap fix. We'll see. In any case, the Lord will provide whatever funds or help needed to get through this speed bump.

...to be continued.

(Isn't it funny how "God's Message for Me Today" really is God's message for me today?)

—b


Thursday, August 17th 2006/Psalm chapters 65-68

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
Bless our God, O peoples,
And sound His praise abroad,
Who keeps us in life
And does not allow our feet to slip.
For You have tried us, O God;
You have refined us as silver is refined.
You brought us into the net;
You laid an oppressive burden upon our loins.
You made men ride over our heads;
We went through fire and through water,
Yet You brought us out into a place of abundance.
—Psalm 65:8-12

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
God is going to test us. No so He knows how much we love Him, but so we know how much we love Him. This passage compares our trials to refining metal. The Lord will continually refine us through hardships so that more and more of our impurities may be removed. In the end, the Lord will lead us through and we will be much stronger (faith wise) having gone through our refining process.


Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.


BE IN PRAYER FOR:
WITCHCRAFT IN THE TWIN CITIES

There are an estimated 20,000 witches of all types who live in our metro area who meet in 179 different witch covens/groups. Many witches are drawn to the Twin Cities area because of the many lakes and rivers, which have spiritual significance to them.
• Church of All Worlds, Minneapolis

No comments: