Monday, August 27, 2007

Fantasy Football


With the blessing of Brevin to our family, Erin and I have stayed in more than usual. During Brevin's nap times, we have each taken to finding relatively quite activities to have fun. Erin has almost completed her Eeyore endeavor finishing up Eeyore and only having the butterfly's left to finish. (To see what I'm talking about, click here.)

I on the other hand have been having fun nerding out on fantasy football draft rankings. I'm sure most, if not all, of you are at least somewhat familiar with fantasy football. But in case there is a person who hasn't heard of it, it's basically a football team of real NFL players drafted by you. Depending on how well your NFL player does in each weeks game, you get the corresponding points. If your player does poorly, he can loose you points. By the end of the regular season, which ever fantasy team has the most points wins.

I have signed up for two different leagues this year. The one tonight is with a bunch of guys from church and the other is with J-Bone and his friends/roommates. I've never done very well on these in the past but it has always been fun.

In somewhat related news, this will the fifth year of our family's own Pigskin Pick'em league, the Spuddogs. The previous winners have been Kevin, Leif, Bruce, and Leif again. Hopefully I can win one sometime soon. I almost had it the second year but blew it on the last day and I had a three game cushion! KHAAAN!!! (But we never speak of how hard I took the loss.) ;)

—b

Brevin Update:
He has discovered the rotating animals that hang above his swing and also loves to stare at the bill of a baseball cap. He is so enthralled just staring at both.

No comments: