Monday, August 13, 2007

"A New Car!"


Ok, so we didn't go on to The Price is Right and hear that famous phrase, but we did get a new/used car. A 2002 Buick LeSabre Custom.

A big thanks goes to Erin's parents, Kevin and De. Their Christ following mechanic purchased the car in an auction in Milwaukee. The former owners were an elderly couple which kept excellent records care of the vehicle. It has 66,000+ miles and we have been told by more than one person that the Buick's have an excellent reputation and if we take care of her, she'll surpass the 200,000 mile mark.

It's funny how our priorities have changed. At first, we had our preferences as to what the car would (or would not) look like. And to be honest, a Buick was on our "not" list. But after listening to people who actually knew a thing or three about vehicles, this car was a bargain. So despite driving what some (J-Bone & Naener) consider to be an elderly transport, we are both happy owners of the latest addition to our family.

Here are a couple of pics:



Did you notice the pillow on the drivers seat? Yes, that's for my dear wife whom will probably always struggle with finding a vehicle that fits her tiny stature properly.

We (and when I say "we" I mean "me") have named the car. Josie. As in Josie Geller from the movie Never Been Kissed. There's a scene in the movie where Josie offers her car to her brother. Her car was a LeSebre.

One last thing...
I realize I have a tainted reputation with some of the veteran readers of this blog when it comes to pronouncing a new vehicle ever since my infamous PHRED incident. So I want to make it clear that THIS REALLY IS OUR NEW CAR. :)

—b



It has been a while since I've posted a prayer request. But yesterday I spoke with my brother Leif and he has been laid off to due downsizing. He has a wife and an 11 month year old daughter. Would you please pray that his job interviews would bare fruit and if/when he gets a job offer, he would be given wisdom as to his answer. Also would you please pray God would use his temporary unemployment for God's glory (however that might be). Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet ride. we should hang out sometime and i can drive my cutlas cierra and you can drive your buick!

Unknown said...

Thanks CW. When we cruise, we will definitely turn heads! (Too bad it's not for having a sexy car.) ;)

—b