Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A "Low Key" Family Visit

Grandpa Johnson had no problems entertaining Brevin.

This past weekend, grandpa and grandma Johnson came to visit. Thankfully it was a pretty low key weekend.

Saturday consisted of a hair cut for me, a nap for grandpa Johnson, the Gopher basketball game for J-Bone, and a good Michigan vs. Wisconsin college football game for us all. Meanwhile, Erin and grandma Johnson headed out to Cantebury Park for some horse racing. (Just kidding.) They did go to Cantebury Park but there was a huge craft show that helped us make a dent in our Christmas gifts for family.

Sunday morning, Erin dawned her Brett Favre jersey while I represented the Vikings in grandpa Eidsmoe's Chris Carter jersey. As for our son...he was politically correct. He had a Vikings onesie and a Packer bib on, topped off with one sock of each team. We all looked like a fun family but we didn't get a picture taken since the Vikings must have had a high school team show up in their place and I took it personally when they lost. (God has been working with me in this area.)

Anyway it was a fun and, like I said earlier, a low key weekend. With the holidays coming up, it will be a weekend we longingly look back on and say "Remember when..?"

—b

A follow up story concerning my interpretation of the word "cereal".

Last night, Erin asked me if I told her dad that Brevin would be eating Cheerios at 4 months. I answered in the affirmative and said "Well our pediatrician said Brevin would be eating cereal at 4 months." Erin burst out laughing and explained the meaning of cereal wasn't "cold" cereal, but the mushy kind of cereal.

"Ohhh...that kind of cereal."

When she asked me how I thought Brevin was going to eat Cheerios without any teeth, I told her I just thought for as much as he's drooling, the Cheerios would basically dissolve in his mouth and he wouldn't need to chew them. She continued to laugh and thanked me for it.

I learned two things last night. 1. Brevin will not be eating Cheerios or any other General Mills product anytime soon and 2. Though I will always have a lot to learn when it comes to taking care of Brevin, at least Erin can enjoy my learning process.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a doll! (Brevin, that is.) I am excited for your visit and looking forward to seeing this little grandson who will be almost 2 months older than when we saw him last!

Missing you!
love, mom/grandma

Unknown said...

We can't wait to see you too! You can always come down and visit us. ;) Love ya.

—b

Leah Miller said...

1. Isaac didn't get a tooth until 10 months (and Cal- 11 months)! But, he did have Cheerios before then. I think the slobber does help.

2. General Mills Products Rock!