Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Technology & Brevin

Click the image to see it larger

Just recently I vented my frustrations concerning "technology". But there are definitely some advantages. Take for instance video chat (the picture above). I love the fact that I can talk with Erin and actually see her as well. It's fun also to see Brevin looking intently at the screen in front of him. It makes me miss them all the more while at work.

I could pull up a soap box and rant at how things have been changing even since I was younger. But I'll spare you the obvious conclusions and just say how Erin and I have already talked about monitoring what Brevin sees and plays with as a high priority. Whether it's TV, video games, or even the content on his future cell phone, we will be the mean old parents making sure nothing is on there that will be a temptation for him.

Yes I realize I'm probably coming off as the new parent who has delusions of grandeur when it comes to parenting, but this particular issue is dear to my heart so it is one that won't be going away anytime soon.

—b

1 comment:

Leah Miller said...

Me, too! I'm afraid I may be the over-involved, talking-too-much (who, me?!), psycho mom. But, oh well!