Friday, November 04, 2005

Painting with VeggieTales


Money.

What would you spend your money on? I know I could think of a lot of things I would have fun purchasing. Star Wars toys, DVD's, video games, t-shirts, CD's…the list goes on. One thing that wouldn't get included is paint. I'm not talking about acrylic, or water based for expressing your inner-self on canvas. I'm not even referring to finger paint. What I'm talking about is house paint. Ouch. Money on Behr house paint. We willing spent money on something that isn't fun.

Erin and I (yes, both of us) chose two gallons each of "Mother Nature", "Sunset Beige", and "Navajo White". Nice warm colors. We will wake up to Mother Nature every morning, when guests spend the night, they will be greeted with Sunset Beige, and Navajo White will cover our blemishes in the kitchen. Needless to say, Erin is extremely excited.

NOTE TO SELF: Erin gets excited over odd items. A new kitchen table and house paint just to name two. I would be happy with a $15.99 DVD or even a $4.99 Star Wars action figure. Erin is happy over a table and on paint. LESSON LEARNED: Spend a lot on random stuff to make my wife happy. ;)

If it is any consolation, Erin did let me get the new VeggieTales DVD. "Lord of the Beans" was released last week. While at Wal•Mart (They always seem to have low prices. Always.) looking for painting supplies, I snuck away to look at toys and DVD's. I came upon a display stand of VeggieTales' latest release. Not only did it the Lord of the Beans, but it came with a Bonus DVD (Wal•Mart seems to have found a niche with the bonus DVD's). The extra DVD consisted of three music video "Silly Songs", computer desktop backgrounds, coloring book pages you could print out, and VeggieTales songs. Fun!

Anyway, in the midst of packing up our bedroom in preparation for the move, I haven't been able to watch the movie yet but I'm looking forward to it. (At least it won't cost me a lot of money.) ;)

—b

No comments: