Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Rise Lord Vader (on DVD)


Yesterday, fellow Star Wars nerds and I rejoiced as the final installment of George Lucas' space opera was released on DVD. Episode III Revenge of the Sith was released to the public at 12:01 am on November 1st. Although I wasn't at Wal•Mart for the unveiling, I did pick up the treasured title around 9:00 am as I took the day off.

I won't go into rating the movie since I come with an extremely biased opinion towards the Star Wars saga. I think everyone can guess where I stand. I will however go into a few options of where to purchase the movie.

Best Buy: $14.99 Best Buy was born and raised here in Minnesota and has since grown quicker than Jack's beanstalk. If you are a Rewards Zone Member at Best Buy (which I am not), with the purchase of Episode III you will receive a free lithograph. Kinda cool but since I'm not a Rewards Zone Member, and am not planning on becoming one anytime soon, the promo means, well, Jack to me.

Target: $15.98 Another big time corporation that was born and raised here in the land of 10,000 lakes. (Erin's personal favorite.) Packaged with the DVD is a coin with Vader's likeness inscribed on it. Cool. I don't know what I would do with it, but it's still cool nonetheless.

They are also offering a "best of, two CD, Star Wars soundtrack." My ears perked up when I heard this. Totally intent on the purchase (even though I already own all of the soundtracks as reminded to me by my beautiful bride), I was disappointed to discover the CD was attached to the Episode III soundtrack and the second disc was the Episode III soundtrack. Arrgh! Oh well. I've got to hand it to Target's marketing team.

Wal•Mart: $14.87 or $19.96 Not born or affiliated with the state of hockey in any way. In fact, I think Wal•Mart was put on earth by aliens to further their effort to take over the world. (Ok maybe not the aliens part.) The mega company is offering the Non-Nerd and Nerd versions. The Non-Nerd version is the movie alone. Still a winner. The Nerd version consists of another DVD called "The Story of Star Wars". The "bonus disc" contains R2-D2 and C-3PO summarizing and showing clips from episode's I, II, IV, V, and VI. (Notice III is missing.)

WINNER: Wal•Mart

That's all of now, and May the Force be With You!

—b

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bernt-you nerd, is that why you weren't "feeling well" yesterday?