Monday, November 07, 2005

Spuddogs


Erin just shouted over our cubes on how she is now in last place.

The only thing she could be last place in is Spuddogs. What's Spuddogs? It's an NFL pick'em league where members of the Eidsmoe's and Johnson's clans try and predict who is going to win each weeks football games.

The Spuddogs name comes from a combination of Moorhead's and Peshtigo's high school mascots. i.e. the Moorhead Spuds and the Peshitgo Bulldogs. Spuds as a mascot…I know, I know. The village idiot went missing one day and Moorhead decieded it would be a good idea to let him name the mascot.

Anyway, it is currently year three of our friendly competition. It's mostly for bragging rights but the winner also gets the coveted JETT (Johnson Eidsmoe Traveling Trophy) for the year. The trophy is about a 2' x 1' stained plaque with 20 plus nameplates on the left and a mini Spuddog helmet, in a case, on the right. Above the helmet is the JETT logo. Each year, the winners name and the year they won get engraved on a nameplate and they autograph one side of the helmet. (I would show you a picture of it, but because I haven't won it yet, I don't have that privilege.)

The inagural season was easily taken by Erin's dad Kevin and last year my brother Leif stole it from me the last week of the season. This year at the half way point my dad is doing very well and has a bit of a lead. Hopefully he will hang on for the win.

Here are the standings after week 9:

Rank Pick Set Name Total Pts Group Pts
1 Kayaker8580
2 MomE8478
3 I'm still learning8176
4 A Darn Cheesehead Eh7973
4 I'll Be Back7873
6 Hoja7872
6Seriously Futbol7772
8Toasted7671
9Johnson=Rule Eidsmoe=Drool7669

Here is the key for who is who:
Kayaker: Bruce Eidsmoe
MomE: Deb Eidsmoe
I'm still learning: De Johnson
A Darn Cheesehead Eh: Josh Johnson
I'll Be Back: Kevin Johnson
Hoja: Leif Eidsmoe
Seriously Futbol: Cyri Eidsmoe
Toasted: Bernt Eidsmoe
Johnson=Rule Eidsmoe=Drool: Erin Eidsmoe

What can I say, Erin and I are in the cellar. Right now our biggest motivation is to beat each other. I'm pretty sure the same goes for Leif and Cyri.

That's it for now and "you stay classy San Diego. I'm Ron Burgundy?" ;)

—b

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't seemed to get out of the number 3 spot, but at least that is better than last year. Bernt haven't you learned that you need to keep Erin out of Target if you want to save money. The two names are linked together forever. Where a Target is located you will find Erin. I am enjoying your Blog and it is nice to keep up to date on what is happening. Some things about the computer are good, you just have to look for them.

Unknown said...

Thanks De. I'm glad some people are reading this. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone. The Spuddog season has a long way to go. It is still up for grabs. I did notice that coulples and JJ with folks are paired together. Does that have a "deeper" meaning? I don't think so, but my weird way of looking at things noticed it. I enjoy the Blog.