Monday, April 03, 2006

Anna: The Meltdown


By Sunday afternoon, I felt like "Scrat". Holding on for dear life, trying not to crash.

Friday, we picked Anna up from daycare. Boy has she grown, both physically and mentally. Her fun personality is really showing through. Erin and I both enjoyed her company at Applebee's (we have her brainwashed that Applebee's and Chili's are the only "good" places to eat).

Afterwards we headed to Target then waited in line for tickets to the 7:30 showing of Ice Age 2: The Meltdown. It was a fun movie which had some scary parts for a 4 year old. I ended up having to reassure her the good guys would be ok during the last 30 minutes of the movie. I apologized to the mom sitting next to Anna since she asking so many questions during the end of the movie but she said she understood since she was having to do the same thing with her 4 year old boy.

Saturday Anna came downstairs at 6:30 and watched "Little Einsteins" until I was finished with my Bible study. I called the AudioBlog and Anna even said "Hi" but I figured I could just hang up when finished but obviously that's not the case.

Anna and I pretty much either played outside on the playground or gave Bella several walks throughout the day. Bella is so good with Anna. Anna would try and be nice to Bella by "not making her walk" and carry her halfway home. Bella would also tolerate Anna picking her up and putting her on her lap when she was trying to sleep. When researching which type of dog to get, one red flag that was raised concerning dachshunds was their inability to be hassled by little kids. Obviously Bella didn't get that memo.

5:00 we dropped Anna off and we got to talk with Jan ever so briefly. It was good to see her again. Anna thought so to as she squealed in the car as she saw mom in the drive-way.

From there we drove to J-Bone's place to watch the Final Four with him and his roommate Snake. It was good to see both of them again. I looked at their pictures from Spring Break and was relieved to see they were "G" rated. Our prayers were answered as Josh was, as far as I can tell, a "good kid".

Sunday I woke up at my usual 4:30 am but was only able to read 3 sentences in 45 minutes so I threw in the towel and went back to bed. (I never did make up my quiet time.) Erin got me up for 2nd service and when we got home Erin made BLT's and french fries.

We put in the Johnny Cash movie "Walk the Line" and I was so tired, I ended up falling asleep before it was over. I went to take a nap at 4:30 and Erin woke me up at 9:15. 10:00 rolled around and I went back to bed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. MMMM...sleep.

(Wow, I'm getting old.)

—b


Monday, April4th, 2006/Mark chapters 1 and 2

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
And it happened that He was reclining at the table in his house, and many tax collectors and sinners were dining with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many of them, and they were following Him. —Mark 2:15

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
Living God's love. Christ isn't condemning people living in sin but showing God's love. He's spending time with them, even eating with them. He's not compromising His morals either. He's telling it like it is a loving way, otherwise why would the people be following Him. They definitely wouldn't spend time with Him if he was badgering them.

This is the mentality I need to have. When I see people with pro-homosexual stickers on their car or see people on the news whom are pro-death...err...choice, I need to show them God loves them. (I need to love them too.) God doesn't love what they are doing and they will have to pay the ultimate price for their actions but only with God's love will bring upon their repentance.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Bernt,

Thanks for recapping your weekend for us all to read! I really enjoy hearing about what you're up to! Oh, and I noticed your Sesame Street alert for our nations safety last week. Clever and cute. =)

Emily

Unknown said...

Glad you liked the post Em. I really liked your Narnia "plug" email. Creative and funny. :)

—b

Emily said...

Thanks, Bernt!

~Em