Friday, November 17, 2006

21st Century Digital Boy

3D/4D Ultrasound

As I mentioned yesterday, Erin and I had a Pro-Life banquet to go to. The key speaker's main point was getting out the fact that a baby dies from abortion every 20 seconds. Every 20 seconds! His point was that we can't put our faith and hope into politics to change the laws (we shouldn't give up either) but he is working on getting the "3D/4D" ultrasound machines to each one of the 3,000 crisis pregnancy centers.

The facts say that once a mother is considering an abortion and sees a 3D/4D ultrasound, 90% of the time, the mother will decide to continue the pregnancy. How exciting would that be! We don't need to change the laws if we can change hearts! We just need to get information and present them to at-risk pregnant mothers with love and not condemnation.

On a side note, a highlight of the evening was when Erin was asked to stand since she coordinated 106 people getting a seat at the banquet. The speaker noted, and I quote, "Erin is shorter than I am and she is older than 10." (The lady MC who said this was also short.)

Well, I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend. Erin and I will be traveling to South Dakota to visit Leif, Cyri, and meet our niece Kayle! I noticed that I haven't even posted anything about Kayle on the blog. Sorry!!! She was born during the Mission Maker hiatus but I promise to post pics on Monday.

—b

Here is the staff picture from the retreat. Can you find Erin and I? ;)



Friday, November 17th, 2006/Genesis chapter 4

NOTE: Last night ran late and we didn't get to bed til 11:30 so I don't remember hitting my alarm. Anyway, I was able to read one chapter but I plan on reading the other two tonight.

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
"If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it." —Genesis 4:7

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
Sin is something people can never conquer. Sin wants to separate us from God. It's waiting for one little slip up and it will have us. Having said that, we can "master" temptation through Christ. He is our refuge. When we are tempted, we need to run, not walk to Him.

Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

BE IN PRAYER FOR:
WITCHCRAFT IN THE TWIN CITIES

There are an estimated 20,000 witches of all types who live in our metro area who meet in 179 different witch covens/groups. Many witches are drawn to the Twin Cities area because of the many lakes and rivers, which have spiritual significance to them.
• Men's Mysteries Church of the Goddess, Minneapolis

No comments: