Monday, June 09, 2008

Surprise Thank You

NOTE: An easy way to tell if I'm feeling overwhelmed or uninspired is to glance at this blog. If I post everyday, things are great. If not, well, the blog suffers. An apology goes out to my loyal reader. ;)






First off, a thanks goes to my wife for a great surprise birthday party she threw for me two Saturday's ago. She must have been planning it for a long time since my folks from Moorhead, and my brother and his family made it from Sioux Falls to be there.

What should have tipped me off was her letting go to a movie (*Speed Racer) with a friend while her family was here. I was just figuring she was being nice. That'll teach me. ;) (Just kidding dear.)

After the Friendly Stegosaurus treated me to some Jimmy John's and a movie that a friend described as "having Skittles melted on your eyes" or just plain "glossy", we headed to church to "pick us some music for tomorrow's service". I started getting suspicious when I had to go into church with him, then as he let me take the lead (as if I new where his music was), I got the "SURPRISE!" as I walked through the basement doors.

Thanks to everyone who could make it, and even to those who wanted to but couldn't. It was a great party with fellow believers in Christ. Not only from church, but some from work as well. I felt so blessed because of the friends who took time out of their day just be there.

—b

*btw, I really did enjoy Speed Racer. Very artistic. I don't know the best way to describe it. Every color used looked like it was made by Crayola. I was wondering what was real and what was computer throughout the movie. The laws of physics had no place in the movie. A real life cartoon might be the best way I could describe the movie.

No comments: