Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Introducing Marae Ann

"Just a little peanut."
(Not literally of course.)

On 9:22 pm, May 1st, my cousin and his wife (not pictured) had their first child. A beautiful baby girl. Here are 3 pics from the proud grandma!

Marae Ann. Weighing in at 5 lbs. 14 oz. 19 inches long.


The new, happy grandma!


The proud father and his sister holding the newest addition to the family.

—b


Wednesday, May 17th, 2006/Romans chapters 6 and 7

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? —Romans 7:22-24

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
Periodically throughout the New Testament, the Christian walk is described as a battle. This is a great illustration of that. The never ending fight between soul and flesh. Way too often my flesh wins. I know what I should and shouldn't do but I give into sin anyway. After I "give up the fight" I always regret it. Always.

Sometimes I just want to give up all together and Paul obviously feels the same way. But we must not give up. That's exactly what Satan wants. We need to remember that the war has already been won by Christ and it's up to us to use the Holy Spirit to fight the everyday battles.


Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

BE IN PRAYER FOR:
THE HOMOSEXUAL CLIMATE OF THE TWIN CITIES

There are an estimated 275,000 homosexuals linving in the Twin Cities. (The homosexual community themselves would claim higher estimates.)

While praying for people practicing homosexuality, we must love them as Christ loved us. If we engage them or if they come to a church we are attending, we must love them and not necessarily focus on their lifestyle, but show them Christ's teachings. After all, there is no sin greater than another. But all sin doesn't have the same consequences either.

HOMOSEXUAL CHURCHES: The following is a list of churches that are exlusively for the homosexual, bi-sexual, and transgender population of the Twin Cities.
• Trinity River Church, Minneapolis.

No comments: