Monday, June 12, 2006

My "Quiet-Time" Compadre

Accountability Partner

It's funny how God uses everything for His glory. In this case, He's using a miniature dachshund named Bella.

Let me travel back in time using my Delorean to January 23rd. That was the "red-letter date" (not November 5th, 1955) of my recent resurgance with the Lord. Bella was consistantly waking up at 4:30 am. Initially I was irritated with this but the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and gave me the idea to start up my quiet-time.

It has been the best thing I have done in a long time. (Remember if we boast, boast in the Lord. Jerimiah 9:24) My relationship with Christ has never been stronger. My favorite time of the day is easily the time I spend with my heavenly Father.

I'm telling you this to not make you feel bad if you aren't constantly spending time with the Lord, but to encourage you. I wish I could do justice with my words in telling you how much a difference in my life reading the Bible has made.

Some days it's harder than others. And to be honest, sometimes I would much rather sleep in. (and some days I have.) But those are few and far between thanks to my accountability partner, Bella. She needs to be fed and taken out every morning. I try and look at it as the same for me only spiritually. I'm not strong enough to go very long without being spritually fed.

Anyway, I know you all know this but I would just like to encourage you as well as thank you. For because of making a committment to posting my daily devotions on the blog, you to keep me accountable and are able to see when I miss a morning feeding.

—b


Monday, June 12th, 2006/Philippians chapters 1 and 2

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, —Philippians 2:14 and 15

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
Paul could have easily stopped at "Do all things without grumbling or disputing" but he expands into verse 15 and 16. We could have figured out that we aren't supposed to grumble when do...well...whatever it is we are supposed to do. But I'm like a little kid who continually asks mom "why". Paul gives a better answer than I could have come up with on my own. (No suprise there.) So for all of you other little kids, here's a great answer to your question, "why".

Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

BE IN PRAYER FOR:
THE WORLD RELIGION AND CULT/SECT/OCCULT GROUPS THAT ADVERTISE IN HOMOSEXUAL PUBLICATIONS
There are an estimated 275,000 homosexuals linving in the Twin Cities. (The homosexual community themselves would claim higher estimates.)
Joyful Church, St. Paul

No comments: