Thursday, June 22, 2006

Trinidad: Day 1

TTUM - 360°
(Click for a larger view but it will still be smaller than I would like. Sorry.)


Well, I didn't think I would be able to post while in Trinidad, but it turns out they have wireless internet. (So much for roughing it.) ;)

Anyway, let me start out from the beginning...[sing] which is a very good place to start. (Sorry, I started to go into Doe-Rey-Mi from the Sound of Music.)

Erin's brother woke us up at 3:00am so that we would make our flight to Miami. (I didn't realize the world was around that early. I just figured the globe stopped turning until 8:00am.)
We easily made our flight and landed in Miami during 50th minute of the United States Men's Soccer Team game versus Ghana. (Ouch, all we needed to do was beat Ghana, and we would advance to the next round of the World Cup.)

While I watched our boys loose the game, Erin met the other team leader Rachel in the airport. We hadn't planned it that way and I'm suprised we found her. While hanging my head in dissapointment over the outcome, I pouted all the way to Chili's to grab a bite to eat with my wife and Rachel.

After a 5 hour lay-over, Erin and I jumped aboard the flight to Trinidad. (Rachel was on a different flight.) It was a smaller plane but we still had the option to watch the movie "Cake". (Erin liked it, I slept.)

Immigration and customs went like clockwork. (I was kind of worried but the Lord saw us through without hassle.) Stepping outside of the airport, we ran into a wall of heat and humidity. Our ride arrived within 10 minutes and we proceeded to wait a good hour and a half 'till Rachel's plane landed.

15 minutes later we were at TTUM's (Trinidad and Tobago Urban Ministries) compound. We had some brief small talk and headed strait to bed. Despite the heat, we were all so tired it didn't take much for us to crash.

End of day 1.

—b

Thursday, June 22nd 2006/Hebrews chapters 1-3

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, —Hebrews 2:11

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
Both Jesus and peoploe are from the same God. Because we come from the same heavenly Father, Jesus is not ashamed of us. So why is it so often the other way around? Why are we ashamed to mention the name of Jesus when He is perfect? Shouldn't it be Him who is ashamed of us for our sin? Thank you heavenly Father for your agape love!

Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

BE IN PRAYER FOR:
THE WORLD RELIGION AND CULT/SECT/OCCULT GROUPS THAT ADVERTISE IN HOMOSEXUAL PUBLICATIONS
There are an estimated 275,000 homosexuals living in the Twin Cities. (The homosexual community themselves would claim higher estimates.)
Shir Tikvah Congregation, Minneapolis

No comments: