Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sugar, Spice, & Everything Nice...

. . . Maybe Not.

Monday night, Erin and I had to run some errands. I was in for a non-eventful evening. . . Or so I thought. Only this time I could sum up the evening with defiant little girls.

First was our exciting trip to Famous Footwear! Just what every husband wants to do, go shoe shopping with his wife. (Erin is actually pretty good. She doesn't take long at all.) As we were walking down the aisle's, we heard a mother telling her daughter to follow her. We saw the little girl just standing at the end of the aisle staring at us. The mother called again and the little girl still didn't move. Finally a couple of minutes later, the little girl ran to her mother gabbing away.

Huh...

A few seconds later we heard a disgusted voice saying "Natalie! Why didn't you tell me you had to go to the bathroom! Come on, let's finish this up, your stinking up the store."

So as it turns out, the little girl who was staring at us was actually "concentrating" on the moment. Gotta love poopie diapers.

Next came Target.

While I went to covet the DVD's, Erin visited the little girls room. Suddenly an annoying ringing sounded throughout the store. It sounded like someone had gone out the emergency door. No big deal.

Not too long after the sound initially started, I saw a few security guards walking quickly followed by my wife. She called me over and recounted how while she was outside the restroom, she saw a mother come out and tell a Target employee that her daughter had just pulled the fire alarm!

Five minutes later, Target's entrance was consumed with a dozen firefighter's in full gear, three fire trucks outside with siren's blaring, two fire marshall trucks, and two squad cars. So much for a non-eventful evening. ;)

—b


Wednesday, December 13th, 2006/Leviticus chapters 13 & 14

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
I learned how to spot leprosy!

Actually, last night at Bible study we continued in John Ortberg's book, The Life You've Always Wanted, and I was able to take away a good lesson and a question I must periodically ask myself.

Concerning spiritual discipline's: I will try and sum it simply by saying; Why do we pray, read the Bible, go to church etc? Is it to earn merit with God? To please Him? To proudly say to others that we are good Christians?

Nope.

We have spiritual discipline's to grow closer to God. If we have the wrong heart while doing them, we might as well not do them. Plain and simple.


Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

BE IN PRAYER FOR:
WITCHCRAFT IN THE TWIN CITIES

There are an estimated 20,000 witches of all types who live in our metro area who meet in 179 different witch covens/groups. Many witches are drawn to the Twin Cities area because of the many lakes and rivers, which have spiritual significance to them.
• Sacred Fire, Minneapolis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, B!

Interesting night. Thanks for sharing it with us. I like reading about little things in your daily life. I heard a speaker mention the time wasted by meaningless conversations about nothing. To be honest, I don't think it's wasted time. It may not be productive time,but it's meaningful in that we're spending time just enjoying each others company, growing closer. This is slightly different than the situation of reading blogs on little events, but I think you understand the connection and where I'm coming from.

Love you and E (Erin)!
Em

P.S. My last final is tomorrow at 8:00 AM. So I'll
probably be done by the time you read this. =)

Unknown said...

Thanks Em. Yea one of the purposes of the blog is for people just to see what's happening in our lives. (If they want to of course.)

It's also for our financial supporters. We don't get to publish a prayer letter as much as we should so hopefully the people who partner with us can see (at least a little bit) what they're prayers and monies are going to.

Last but not least the blog is a way I can hopefully encourage others with a near daily scripture.

Keep reading and thanks for your comments. It's nice to know people do read this thing. ;)

—b