Monday, February 06, 2006

Persevering Through Hardships


Wow, I didnt' realize how long it's been since I had last updated this thing. Last night when I called my folks, that was one of the first things my mom said. Erin and I have both been so caught up in deadlines, both work and home, we haven't even thought about the blog.

Erin has been slowly recovering from the vicious bug that has been going around the office. Before completely recovering she was busy painting and making the house "pretty". We had the two couples of our Bible study over on Friday so we stayed up til 1:26 in the morning painting. I had promised I would help get it done when we scheduled to have them over but life happens and I never made time to complete my promise.

I had the flu right before Erin got sick and on the heels of recovering have been doing freelance nearly every night until 10:30 and worked a good 8 hours on Saturday. It has been tiring but the Lord has been gracious enough to recharge my batteries every night. I have also had STEM deadlines as well as a PowerPoint commercial I attempted to get to Faith Baptist by Sunday morning.

Friday, February 3rd, 12:30 pm, I killed George. I totalled our Mercury Topaz. FRUSTRATING!

The night before it had snowed and the next day Bethany's parking lot (STEM is located on the campus of Bethany College of Missions) was slick with no salt or sand laid down. Anyway, I was leaving the parking lot on my way to Burger King when George and I started sliding down a slope. I tried everything I could to regain control: pumping the brakes, cranking the wheel, but to no evail. CRUNCH, right into Bethany's security gate.

Long story short, I told Erin (which was the worst part of the experience), informed both Bethany and our insurance company and drove to a State Farm certified repair shop. They did a relatively quick inspection and without even having to do a complete inspection told us the obvious, George was "totalled". Even though we were able to drive it there and damage that was done was to the drivers side front quarter panel, headlight, bumper, and the hood. Who knows the damage under the hood.

So we are waiting to hear back from the insurance company as to our options. Luckily De (Erin's mom) is an insurance agent so we have a lot of help in that area. Who knows what is going to happen. The only thing we are able to take comfort in is that our heavenly Father will provide. Looking back, the entire incident could have been a lot worse. So in that, I give Him thanks.

That's all for now...oh wait...it looks like my Betta here at my desk is attempting to stay afloat. Umm...now he is upside down on the bottom of his tank. He's trying to stay alive but as soon as I finish this post, I'm going to put him out of his misery by setting him free via the porcelin thrown. R.I.P. Mimi.

(It hasn't been our month.)

—b

2 comments:

Emily said...

B & E,

I'm sorry to hear of your recent troubles. Life sounds hard right now, little things and not so little things coming all at once. I wonder what the Lord is teaching you? You can be sure that you're at least being refined for His kingdom, polished like brand new silver. I will pray that He gives you both strength and perseverence and hope. It's good that you have each other.

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:11

In His name,
Emily +-

Unknown said...

Thanks Em for your words of wisdom. Even though life has been more difficult recently, both Erin and I are at peace.

—b