Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Back Through the Wardrobe

Last night, Erin and I entered the Wardrobe

Typically Tuesday nights are "Bible study" nights. But since a couple wouldn't be able to make it, Erin and I took advantage and had a movie night.

Narnia was released yesterday, so it was perfect timing. Immediately following work we headed on over to Target and picked up the "Special Two-Disc Collectors Edition". Erin could have cared less which version we got, but I just had to have the "extras".

While Erin made tuna sandwiches, Bella and I put in disc 2 to check out the bonus features. I was able to watch the very brief bio on "Chronicles" author C.S. Lewis. For as outspoken as he was concerning his life with Christ, the biography was the most politically correct version possible. Only once did it refer to his faith and only then did it called it, "his religion". Oh well.

I wasn't able to dive deep into the extras but they seemed really interesting and I look forward to taking/making time to view them. (Of course I would still like to watch all of the Lord of the Rings extras but have only conquered 1 disc from the "Fellowship" DVD.)

We both forgot how much we liked the movie. I found myself appreciating the classical score even more now that I have the soundtrack. The C.G. (computer graphics) are also spectacular. Once I've seen a movie, I like to look for inconsistencies and errors. But I couldn't find one last night, though that hasn't deterred me from looking.

Bella also found parts of the movie to be real. She seemed to enjoy (or at least curious) the wolves. When Mr. Fox gets caught in the jaws of one of the wolves and yelps, Bella leapt from the comfort of her blanket and was at attention listening for what fellow animal was in pain. She soon gave up though and retreated back to the comfortable warmth.

Anyway, Erin has Awana tonight and I will be her transport. I do enjoy sitting in the churches "Gathering Grounds" playing in the internet. Who knows, maybe I'll end up blathering again via the BEingDesigned blog.

TTFN

—b



Wednesday, April 6th, 2006/Mark chapters 7 and 8

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
And He summoned the crowd with His disciples, and said to them, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.
—Mark 6:51 and 52

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
This teaching of Christ came upon the heels of Peter rebuking Jesus. (Yep, good 'ole Peter. Let's just go ahead and rebuke our Savior.) ;) Jesus had just told his disciples for the first time that he will have to die. Peter pulled Jesus aside and told Him He didn't have to. Jesus didn't need to be tempted by Peter and said Peter was doing his will and not God's.

Why am I telling you all of this?

Basically, because Jesus didn't want to die on the cross. He prayed 3 times in the garden of Gethsename to "let this cup pass from Me" (Matthew 26:39,42,44). But Jesus knew He had to and honored God above all.

Jesus didn't do what He wanted. He obeyed His heavenly Father. We MUST do the same. Even if we think we have "good intentions", we MUST do God's will.


Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

UNREACHED PEOPLE IN THE TWIN CITIES
•• There are 10,000 homless people in the Twin Cities

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hey, Bernt,

Oh, how I envy you. If I were home, I'd be watching the newly bought copy of Narnia that Mom and Dad own. It's out here too, but I'm not going to buy it since it won't work in American DVD players. I'm glad Mom and Dad bought the copy with the extras too. Like you, I've only conquered one of the extra DVDs in the Lord of the Rings set, only it was on the Return of the King. I always like to at least peak at the extras. I'll have to watch Narnia when I get home. I'll probably have a mental list of what I want to do when I get home by then. I think it would be grand to have a movie night with Dominoes or Papa John's pizza and lots of POP!

Em

Learn French!

Fais-moi des pancakes!
Translation: Make me the pancakes!

(I'll use this one everyday.) =)

Unknown said...

Don't envy me. The Narnia DVD will always be there but being over in Leeds is a great experience! One that I hope I will be able to experience. We haven't given up on flying to Europe but ticket prices are still really expensive.

—b