Friday, April 28, 2006

Love Like Christ Loved

PETITION TO PRAY FOR OTHERS

I have received a few emails highlighting some concerns and some developements. So instead of talking about the Vikings new uniforms or how now is the time to purchase stock in Apple, I'll highlight these prayer requests in no particular order.
  • Cyri's dad had a stroke a few days ago as a result of a recent surgery. He is doing fine. Please pray for a quick, permanent recovery.
  • My cousin Scott and his wife will be moved to California by his wife's new company. Pray for a smooth transition as Melanie will soon graduate from college and Scott needs to find a job out there.
  • My aunt Ruth has been battling with her thyroid for over a year and just recently found out "the nodule on her thyrod has gotten larger". Pray the doctors know how to best handle the recent development.
  • Erin's dad has put in at least 2 days of overtime in a job that, how can I put it nicely...isn't his first choice. Pray for rest, and the Lord would find him a new employer.
  • Although our grandparents seem to be doing fine physically, their mental states seem to be suffering. Please pray for clarity and patience for mom and dad Eidsmoe and Johnson.
  • Erin and I will be in Peshtigo this weekend for another Trinidad related training. Please pray for safe travel and that the Lord will grant us favor when it comes to finding a new car. These gas prices are killing us. :(
We love you guys. And if you ever have any prayer requests that you would like prayer for, feel free to email them to me or post them on the message board. Do know that I WILL be in prayer for whatever needs come to my attention.

—b


Friday, April 28th, 2006/John chapters 13 and 14

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
"He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him." —John 14:21

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
When I honestly take a look at my life, even recently, my actions don't reflect that I love Christ. I know that it is impossible for anyone to live a sinless life but that shouldn't detract us from trying. That also doesn't give us an excuse to sin. Luckily, our heavenly Father loves us and no sin will separate us from Him, as long as we ask His forgiveness.

Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

BE IN PRAYER FOR:
THE UNREACHED PEOPLE IN THE TWIN CITIES

•• There are 13,500 Jehovah Witnesses living in the Twin Cities
(Click here to learn more about Jehovah Winesses.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll just add one more prayer request. I came down with the stomach flu during the wee hours this morning. I have spent the day in bed (I did manage to call in for a sub and write some lesson plans.). I have slept all day, which has helped, but I'm still tired and weak. Dad left this afternoon for Park Rapids to pick up the trees. Leif is coming up tonight to help plant. I'm praying that I will feel well enough tomorrow morning to drive up there too.
Have a safe, productive trip to Peshtigo!

Unknown said...

Thank you "anonymous". I think its safe to say "Mom". ;) Anyway, I'll also put your prayer request on the message board. I'll be praying for you, along with everyone else on the list. Feel better and tell the fam we said hi.

—b