Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Weedend of First's


This past weekend was one of f1rsts.

Here they are listed in no particular order:
  • 1st time...having to put my Jeep in park while on a highway. (Road construction.)
  • 1st time...putting my Jeep in park while on a highway for a 2nd time! (Auto accident.)
  • 1st time...leaving Bella alone for a couple of days.
  • 1st time...Danae, who pokes fun of Erin and I for playing board games (which makes us "old"), played the game (Blokus) and wanted to keep playing it.
  • 1st time...Kevin had to take a very tough test, which is why we went to Milwaukee, and hopefully he won't have to retake it.
  • 1st time...since who knows when that both the Brewers and Tigers start out with a 5-0 record.
  • 1st time...since 1994 that the Twins started out 1-5.
It was a great weekend. We didn't get to go to a Brewers game but maybe next time. It was also a great weekend for driving (weather wise). Bella did great and I don't think she initially wanted to come home. She had so much fun playing "you-can't-get-me-when-I'm-under-the-bed" with Gunner the black lab.

—b

P.S. Tonight at 7:00 on ESPN2, the US Men's National Team (soccer) play Jamaica. I'll have to catch the highlights since we'll be at Bible study tonight.



Tuesday, April 11th, 2006/Luke chapters 2 and 3

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
When they saw Him, they were astonished; and His mother said to Him, "Son, why have You treated us this way? Behold, Your father and I have been anxiously looking for You." And He said to them, "Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father's house?" But they did not understand the statement which He had made to them. And He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and He continued in subjection to them; and His mother treasured all these things in her heart. —Luke 2:48 - 51

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
After looking for your 12 year old son for 3 days, I would think you would be happy-furious when you finally found him. But Mary kept in mind who her Son actually was and instead of getting frustrated at not understanding what Jesus was saying, she treasured it.

She didn't just accept it, but she treasured it. I need this attitude of when I don't understand what God is doing (or not doing) I need to treasure his response or lack there of. Good luck on my part but I'm going to strive for it.

Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

BE IN PRAYER FOR:
THE UNREACHED PEOPLE IN THE TWIN CITIES

•• There are 56,000 Buddhists living in the Twin Cities

No comments: