Thursday, April 13, 2006

Happy Ressurection Weekend!


(sigh...poor dog.)
No, this isn't Bella and won't ever be.


Erin, Bella, and I are traveling to the flooded plains of Moorhead for the extended weekend. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how bad it is up there. At least mom and dad's house is safe. The last time I spoke with them, all 3 of us were on the phone and I was temporarily left out of the conversation while they debated whether this year's flood was more similar to the flood of 1997 or 2002. (Got to love parents.) ;)

(This picture was taken about a week ago near my parents house and the water hadn't crested yet.)

I'm not sure what is planned for the weekend only that I get to see everyone (mom, dad, Leif, Cyri, and even Missy) again. It's been a long time. And with the possibility of leading 2 teams this summer, (yes I said 2), I don't know how often I'll get home.

FYI: Erin and I are leading a team from her home church in Peshtigo to Trinidad. (June 23rd - July 1st). And we have been asked to lead a youth team from Illinois on an Urban Minneapolis trip. (July 29th - August 3rd).

Anyway, we are both looking forward to another mini-vacation. Last weekend in Milwaukee to this weekend in the land of the Spuds. This time we get to take Bella with us. Double bonus!




Thursday, April 13th, 2006/Luke chapters 6-8

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
Now no one after lighting a lamp covers it over with a container, or puts it under a bed; but he puts it on a lampstand, so that those who come in may see the light. —Luke 4:13

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
An entire sermon could be preached just on this passage alone. Here is a quick summary of what I got out of it: Show God's love. It means so much to people to show God's love instead of only telling them of it. If we as Christians can lead by example, when we do speak of Christ, we will have so much more to stand on.

Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

BE IN PRAYER FOR:
THE UNREACHED PEOPLE IN THE TWIN CITIES

•• There are 23,500 Hindu's living in the Twin Cities

No comments: