Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The CityView Report

"To reach your community, you must know your community."

Every year, John A. Mayer (not the pop musician) puts out a report on the state of the church in the Twin Cities. Over 50 hours of design time have been invested into the hard copy and we are still working on completing the PowerPoint version of the annual. (No small task.)

Anyway, I thought I would start to feature a daily addition to my posts concerning what is happening in the Twin Cities. The topics will include the unreached people, homosexual churches, witchcraft organizations, and the cult/sect/occult groups just to name a few.

In posting one a day, I'm hoping to "shed some light" on these groups but more importantly, pray for them. I can't even comprehend the power of prayer and the more people we have praying for these people who have believed Satan's lies, the better.

(Because I don't own the information, I will post a copyright line below each post giving credit to John for all of his hard work as well as a link to where you can purchase one for yourself.)

—b


Tuesday, April 5th, 2006/Mark chapters 3-6

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
Then He got into the boat with them, and the wind stopped; and they were utterly astonished, for they had not gained any insight from the incident of the loaves, but their heart was hardened. —Mark 6:51 and 52

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
After all of Jesus' teachings, healings, exorcisms and recently following the feeding of 5,000 people with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish, the disciples are still astonished at Jesus for being able to walk on water. Don't you think they would be convinced yet that He was the Son of God?

But wait, have I removed the log from my eye. No. When I pray and hear about the "miracles" that God has done on the mission field, why am I always suprised at the way He answers? Why am I astonished at what He continues to do? Do I also have a hardened heart? After all, I get to work in ministry and see and hear miraculous events happen almost on a daily basis.

Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief.


Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

UNREACHED PEOPLE IN THE TWIN CITIES
• There are 45,000 deaf people in the Twin Cities and only 8 deaf churches

No comments: