Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Dependance on God

"Please sir, I want some more."

Having to come to a decision on whether or not to stay at STEM sure has made me thankful to what the Lord has provided.

Friday night was scheduled to be a night of driving to Moorhead to visit my folks. But when Weaver Lake Rd. approached, only 45 minutes into our trip, and we realized we had car problems, we knew the Lord had something different in mind. (I only wish I had gotten His email letting me know before hand.) ;)

Long story short, we had to replace our power steering pump and my parents and sister ended up driving down here instead. But what I really took out of the experience was our dependance on God. He was there. He provided.

In tying car troubles back to God, will he provide for us if we stay at STEM? Will we be fine since we would have to continue rasing support? Will we have enough money when we have to get a new vehicle? What if we want to have a second kid, will God allow us to have enough to support two children?

The answer: Yes.!?

Yes, period. Yes, excamation point! Yes, always questioning? "Oh yea of little faith." (To which I sometimes want to respond, "Oh shut up!") Yes the Lord will provide. Yes the Lord will ALWAYS provide. Yes, the Lord will even provide despite my doubt.

Are we called to stay at STEM? I'm still waiting for God's email. But I know that He will provide if He says "yes". I also know that He will provide if He says "no".






Harry Dunne has been found!

Has anybody ever wondered what happened to Dumb and Dumber's Harry Dunne? (Even if you haven't, play along) Well, today I found him. He is now a "Senior Technician" for Laser Quipt, an office printer supplier. We haven't been able to print to our color printer since late last week so I called this morning and Harry err...I mean "Darin", showed up.

It is uncanny how much "Darin" looks and sounds like Harry. His body style, voice, age, and even haircut are the exact same! I guess him and Lloyd were never able to get their worm farm store (I Got Worms) off the ground.

—b


Tuesday, February 20th, 2007/1 Kings chapters 9–11

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
All the earth was seeking the presence of Solomon, to hear his wisdom which God had put in his heart. 1 Kings 10:24

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
Solomon's reputation of being blessed by God spread to "all the earth". So when Solomon, who was blessed by God, eventually stopped devoting himself to the Lord fully by serving other gods, what does that say to non-Christians about the Lord? The Lord's name/reputation is also affected by our actions. Granted whatever we do doesn't change who the Lord is but if we claim to be followers of Christ and yet still live in sin, are we setting a good example of what a follower of Christ is?

NOTE: I hope I said that right. I want to make sure my intention is correctly conveyed even if my wording doesn't reflect it. And as always, trust your pastor when it comes to theology, not me. And finally, yes we all sin and fall short of the glory of God, so we need to continually repent and ask God's forgiveness. But we can't serve two masters, sin and God.

Copyright 2007, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

SPIRITUAL TWIN CITIES NOTEABLES
• 1949, KTIS radio begins

No comments: