Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Future With STEM, Pt. 3

STEM Employee's...?
You betcha!


9:00 am, Roger, John, Erin, and I sat down and discussed the negotiated terms of our employment at STEM. As the title indicates, we will be staying at STEM.

It wasn't an easy decision though. It all came down to faith in God. (Some of you may be thinking, "Oh great, here he goes again with this God thing.") God really was the deciding factor in staying because STEM won't be able to pay us what we need so we consciously need to rely on God's provision.

Here are the details:
  • I will be staying at STEM with a pay increase. (Although it wasn't as much as we had asked for.)
  • Erin's last day of employment will be July 31st.
  • We will have to support raise to make ends meet. (We currently raise support but we will have to increase our amount.)
  • My responsibilities will remain the same. (My role has evolved from soley Graphic Desinger to Art Director/IT)

As I said in a previous post, both Erin and I main priorities were for her to be a stay-at-home mom and not to rely on raising support. Well, the Lord had other plans. He really convicted me to put my money where my mouth is. If I proclaim to give my whole life to Him, how can I say I won't trust the money part to Him?

It's funny, in my near daily prayer life, I kept asking Him for our faith to increase. Now He gives me the opportunity and I don't want to take it?


[sigh]


Well, here comes everything God. My wife, child, career, and the all mighty buck. It's all in your hands. Please be gentle. ;)

—b


Tuesday, February 27th, 2007/2 Kings chapters 3 & 4

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
Then she saddled a donkey and said to her servant, "Drive and go forward; do not slow down the pace for me unless I tell you." 2 Kings 4:24

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
This one verse describes the story of "The Shunammite Woman" (2 Kings 4:8-37)

This touching short story is all about a mother's incredible faith. She was barren and God gave her a son. Her son died and she sought God (through Elisha) and her son was resurrected.

I was really convicted by the strength of her faith. She didn't curse God when her son died. Instead she did what we all should do when hard times come, seek God. I also loved how she sought God. As the highlighted verse suggests, she did not slow down, she did not pass go, she did not collect $200. She went directly to the Lord!


Copyright 2007, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

SPIRITUAL TWIN CITIES NOTEABLES
• In 1835, the first Twin Cities church was established at Fort Snelling

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new found peace Bernt. God does and will provide. Life in need is an exciting place to live! Our dependence on and devotion to God increases and he is given the forum to make his name greater through your future stories of provision! I look forward to those.

Unknown said...

Thanks Pastor Mike. It's tough getting outta the way and letting God work.

—b