Tuesday, February 06, 2007

John Stewart


Can you guess which
John Stewart is my latest freelance client?


Well if you said #2 and #3, you're right!

STEM's editor Dana also does freelance. Except instead of design, she is, yep you guessed it, an editor. (Your so smart!) Anyway one of her clients is John Stewart and he is in need of some illustrations. Dana asked me if I was interested and I told her I would love to take the challenge. Yesterday Dana and I met with John at Caribou Coffee while he explained is ideas.

First let me tell you a little about John's past.
(Or rather copy his bio from his website.)

John Stewart, founder of Lamplighters International, was born and raised in a non-Christian home near Winnipeg, Canada. He gained an early love for ice hockey and was drafted by the Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL). During his eight years of professional hockey he experienced a sense of emptiness that the pursuit of worldly success could not satisfy. In 1977, John was born again and received the free gift of eternal life by placing his faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.

Seven years later John felt God's call to the ministry and entered Central Baptist Theological Seminary in Minneapolis, Minnesota. During his seminary training, God used him to plant a Bible-believing church in Cambridge, Minnesota. He planted a second Bible-believing church in Eden Prairie, Minnesota in 1990. During his time as pastor, John wrote many of the original Lamplighters discipleship studies. He now serves as Executive Director of Lamplighters International where he continues to write discipleship materials and oversee the ministry.


Back to yesterday...

John will be flying to Africa on Friday and he needs about a half a dozen illustrations before then for his presentation. Unfortunately 2 red flags went up.
  1. I haven't done any illustrations since Tech school. I'm not nearly as confident/comfortable with a #2 pencil as I was then.
  2. Time. I don't have any. Especially with the CityView Report now in full production.
Thankfully John isn't expecting much and is realistic concerning time restraints. I'll send him an example or two and if I'm on the right track, I'll continue. If not, we'll meet up when he returns from Africa. Thank you Lord.

As always, I'll keep you updated whether you like it or not. ;)


Cuteness Factor

Sister-in-law Cyri sent these to Erin this morning. They are pictures of our niece Kayle (pronounced Cale). I just had to post 'em.




—b

Tuesday, February 6th, 2007/2 Samuel chapters 8-10

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
King David also dedicated these to the LORD, with the silver and gold that he had dedicated from all the nations which he had subdued:2 Samuel 8:11

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
So far, David has been no ordinary king. This is just one more aspect of his reign. Instead of hoarding the silver and gold spoil, he gave it back to God. It's so easy to want. The thing is, we always want more. What better way to combat greed than to give what we have back to the One who gave it to us in the first place.

Copyright 2007, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

SPIRITUAL TWIN CITIES NOTEABLES
• Churches in the Twin Cities range in average weekly worship size from 3 to 7,500 people.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, those pictures of Kayle are so cute!

I hope you're able to fit in this freelance job. Do you really think you have time for it? God speed!

Em

Unknown said...

Yea, they are very cute. I smile every time I look at them. :)

Good point on the latest freelance job Em. See today's post for an answer.

Thanks for readin' and writin'!

—b