Monday, February 12, 2007

Future With STEM, Pt. 2.9

STEM Employee's...?
The decision is now in our court.

Late this morning, Roger and John (our COO) called Erin and I into Roger's office. They had a counter proposal.

That was fast. We weren't expecting anything 'til the end of the month.

Excluding details, here is the jist:
  • Our proposal was both Erin and I would work on flexible schedules so that we wouldn't have to hire a babysitter, I would get a pay increase, and we wouldn't have to raise support.
  • STEM's proposal is Erin wouldn't work at all, I would get a pay increase, and we would have to raise the rest with support.
Make sense?

Obviously Erin and I have to carefully discuss STEM's offer and we told them we would let them know by the end of the month.




Saturday night, our Pastor and his wife and child visited us for supper. As most of you know, Chris and Aletha were in our wedding and Erin and I met at a Bible Study which Chris lead. It was a lot of fun having them and their 6 month old Jane hang out with us. I think Bella thought they had brought Jane for her to play with because she wouldn't leave Jane alone.

It's cool to think of how our lives have changed in such a short time. From being single, to married and now preparing for a child of our own. Time definitely doesn't stop.

—b



Dear Fiends,

Thanks for all your prayers for me. I made it through all the floods in Jakarta and arrived at the airport on time and came back to MN on Friday afternoon. I’m very happy to finally be back from my trip. Please keep praying for the situation in Jarkarta. It is still very bad with many homeless, sick, dead, and food and water shortages. I look forward to seeing you all soon. Thanks be to the Lord for my safety.

Tri Dey Mayer


Monday, February 12th, 2007/2 Samuel chapters 21 & 22

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
He said, "The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;"2 Samuel 22:2

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
When I read the notes on my Study Bible concerning this passage, it brought the obvious to my attention:

He [David] had often taken refuge among the rocks of the wilderness (1 Samuel 23:25; 24:2), but he realized that true security was found only in the Lord.

I guess I never really thought about what it meant when the authors of the Bible referred to God as their "rock". I shed new light on it for me.

Copyright 2007, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

SPIRITUAL TWIN CITIES NOTEABLES
• The 1940s has the largest portion of megachurches, showing that it takes considerable time to grow a church to this size.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I don't understand why STEM's proposal involved Erin not working at all since she got such praise from the man evaluating STEM earlier.

Em

Unknown said...

It's funny you should ask that. We were wondering the same thing.

Who knows.

—b