Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Turtles & Stegosaurasususus's

Last night I had a play date with some Turtles and a Friendly Stegosaurus. Now before you call your local Arkham Asylum, let me explain.

Ever since I first saw the movie preview for TMNT, I knew it was going to be one that I just had to see on the big screen. I also knew that Erin would not want to see it. Doh! Anyway, while reading a friend's blog, aka the Friendly Stegosaurus (which is also in my links on the right), I found out that he also wanted to see it and his wife had the same feelings toward seeing it as Erin did. Our solution...NERDS UNITE!

The latest showing, since it supposedly a kids movie, was 5:20. I knew I could make it there in plenty of time (or so I thought) and the Friendly Stegosaurus works relatively close to the theater so last night it was a "go"! Long story short, I arrived right at 5:20, (sorry again Stego), so I tried to make amends by purchasing and sharing pop and popcorn.

The movie was good and a definite future purchase. Even though the past few had come out in the early 90s, this one picked up where the last one left off. But even if you hadn't seen any of the previous ones, this one still made sense.

One of the reasons/excuses for me being late was our preparation for STMLC. It is busy, busy, busy around here. In fact, just me taking the time to blog ya is a luxury. So like I said on Monday's post, don't expect a post til next week. Although I think I may try audio blogging. If you aren't familiar with it, come back and I promise to try and post one for you.

—b

PS. The Wild will not go down without a fight. If I were the superstitious type, I'd say their winning had a direct corrolation on whether or not I was watching. What little bit I watched last night, our boys were down 1-0. But when I woke up this morning they won 1-4!


Wednesday, April 18th, 2007/Psalm chapters 23–31

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Psalm 23:3b

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
God help us and shows us the way we should go for our sake right? Yes and no. Yes we greatly benefit from obeying Him and following His ways but it's not for our glory but for His! Our motivation for following God should not be because we think He'll make our lives easy. In fact following Him can be one of the thoughest things we do. We follow Him because He first loved us and He is the only One who gives life on earth purpose. We are here to glorify God!


Copyright 2007, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

PROFILES OF IMMIGRANT GROUPS IN THE TWIN CITIES

9. Russian — Pop. 21,000

• Two waves of immigration: Older immigrants came in the first half of the 1900s and newer immigrants began arriving in the late 1980s.
• Highly educated with 95% having a high school diploma and 55% being college graduates.
• 93% are over 40 years old.
Religion: 56% are Jewish, many Orthodox, and some are Christian, Atheist, and Agnostic.

No comments: