Thursday, July 05, 2007

Wii Experienced Transformers

("Dr." Phil and I doing our best Roger Federerererer impression.)

As Erin and I have been working through my "Top 10 Movies I Want to See Before Brevin is Born" list, we have had a few let downs and a few that were beyond expectation. The past two movies we witnessed were the latter.

The first of the two was Live Free or Die Hard (Die Hard 4). Erin reluctantly saw this one with me since she has never been interested in the Die Hard saga. But by the time the credits were rolling, she had a new second favorite movie she'd seen this summer. Yea, I couldn't believe it. My wife enjoying a Die Hard movie! I love it!

The second movie that was beyond our expectation was Transformers. This one we both wanted to see and we found out that several friends who also attend Hiawatha wanted to see it as well. So Aaron and Leah Hintgen opened their home for some grilled food and some exciting Wii.

After we enjoyed some grilled dogs, burgers, and corn on the cob, we all headed into the living room for some exhausting Wii time. (For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Wii, it's a video game system but instead of just using your thumbs to control the action, you use...well...everything! When bowling, you literally walk through the bowling motion. When playing tennis, you use your backhand, forehand, and overhead smash. Needless to say you get a fun little work out by the time your done.) Anyway, by the time 9:00 rolled around, we all gathered in our respective vehicles to head to the movie that's "More Than Meets the Eye."
As I said before, Transformers was better than I was expecting. Having loved the cartoon/toy series growing up (and obviously still love it) I was afraid Mr. Hollywood would destroy my childhood hero's. All I can say is that I wanna go see it again! While it won't win any academy awards, and putting the cheesy yet expected one liners out of mind, I had a lot of fun at this movie.

Getting home after 1:00 AM we went right to bed and the next night, we drove the 10 minutes to Valley Fair to watch the fireworks.

Even though we had a great couple of days that would have been more difficult to pull off by having a child, we wouldn't want it any other way. We can't wait to see you Brevin!

—b

No comments: