Thursday, July 12, 2007

Zero Done, Much Accomplished


Yesterday was one of those days that I didn't get anything done and yet accomplished a lot.

Huh!?! I'll explain.

9:00 AM we had a "baby doctor" check up. (So already I'm missing work.) Thankfully it only lasted about 45 minutes. The best part was obviously getting an update concerning Brevin's status. Here are the nitty-gritty details:


• He currently weighs 5.5 lbs
• His head is down and in the correct position
• He could be born in either July or August
• If Erin would go into labor now (36 weeks) they wouldn't stop it


When Erin and I heard he could be born in August, we were honestly a little disappointed. For as many Braxton Hicks contractions Erin is having, we were hoping he could come any day. Oh well, he still might.

Finally getting into work a little after 10:00 I set up my laptop and get ready for a shorter day. As it turns out, some of the office staff were waiting for me to come in so I could help them out with computer issues. Fair enough. I guess that's why I'm here. ;)


On Monday, STEM's new COO had his first day. So the past few days have been showing a PC guy the wonderful world of Macs. He's (Steve Miller) is a Bethany College of Missions alum and is a very quick learner when it comes to computers. Anyway, I had tried to get his computer set up before he came but was unsuccessful so there a bunch of little settings that I haven't completed. So while he was involved in a mid-morning meeting, I was busy playing away at his eMac trying to get it to where it should be.

In the midst of rushing against his meeting clock, I get another inquiry concerning the lack of internet and email from another co-worker. D'oh! So while I'm updating Steve's software I take up the mystery of the missing emails

Long story short, I get accomplished enough to satisfy my fellow STEMonians. But now it's 11:55 and we have a mandatory all-staff meeting to which I'm responsible for leading the devotions. (Definitely a Christian workplace huh?) Guess who hasn't even looked over his notes. Ding! Ding! Ding! You are correct! It's me. Thankfully I had prepared for a few in advance and the Holy Spirit took over.

Whew. Ok. Now it's 1:05. I can finally sit down and start my day. WRONG! For STEM's upcoming golf fundraising event, Erin and I need to run several errands to pick up prizes/supplies. Oh man.

Our destinations included, Dick's Sporting Goods, Wal•Mart, Sam's Club, and Michael's. All of these involved travel on the ever-lovely 494. (Which always seems slow.)

A few hours later, we're done. Hooray! So by the time I sit down for the first time able to work, we only have 15 minutes before we have to pack up and head to the post office and bank...also for STEM. Oh well.

So that's how I spent my Wednesday not getting anything done yet accomplishing a lot.

—b

No comments: