Friday, October 21, 2005

It's Official

Well, like the title of this post says, it's official. Last night Erin and I sat down with my aunt Jan and told her we will be moving out. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

To get everyone up to speed; Erin and I moved in with my aunt last December. She was going through a divorce and raising a 17, 15, and 3 year old. She asked for help with the daily chores of raising a family so we felt the call. Taking care of the youngest (Anna), going grocery shopping, mowing the lawn, keeping the house clean, and pretty much anything that was needed to be done. We have been living in her basement ever since.

About a month ago, one of STEM's long-term, on-field missionary families (the Stufflebeam's) who live in Haiti, had their townhouse in Shakopee open up for rent. Erin and I both felt called to move. After much deliberation and working out details with one another, we emailed the Stufflebeam's and let them know we would like to rent their place. After hearing back from them, it was time to inform Jan. Last night it happened.

It was very hard. The conversation went well, uncomfortable as it was. But both Erin and I know this is the right decision. Following what the Lord wants us to do is not always easy, but it is always right.

We both still want to be involved in their lives and we hope they want to be involved in ours. In the upcoming weeks we'll work out the details. In the meantime, please add the Alswager family to your prayer list. Jan needs to figure out what to do in our absence and pray that Anna will not feel rejected when we leave.

Thanks everyone.

—b

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey B & E,

I'm glad thinks went well with Jan. I really hope everything works out well. I'll be praying. I wonder what God's going to do next?

Em

P.S. I wish I could have seen you when Mom and Dad did. I'm home all by myself this weekend. Feel free to call if you have time.