Monday, October 24, 2005

Packers vs. Vikings #1 2005


Well, what can I say? The Vikings took this one even though I don't think they should have. But hey, I'm not complaining.

Erin and I went to Joe Sensors sports bar after church and got a bite to eat. We were literally surrounded by big screen projection TV's all showing football games! (I think I witnessed a glimpse of heaven.) Anyway, by the time we had finished our burgers the score at half-time was Green Bay 17, Minnesota 3. I was extremely tired and didn't want to ruin the rest of my day having witnessed the Vikings horrible play.

We drove home and went straight to bed. An hour or so later, I woke up from my nap and the game was still on. Except the score was Green Bay 20, Minnesota 20! What happened? Not soon after I was able to witness Paul Edinger kick the 56 yard winning field goal. Whoa! (Erin was still sleeping and I knew that if I wanted to wake up the next day, I would let her sleep.)

Like I said in a previous post, I will always route for the Vikes but never put my faith in them. Being a Vikings fan has more ups and downs, twists and turns than a rollercoaster. You will always be in for a ride. Sometimes you want more and sometimes you want to throw-up.

—b

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone feel like going on a boat ride?

Unknown said...

"Anyone feel like going on a boat ride?"

Funny, sad but funny.