Monday, October 24, 2005

A New Cell Phone!

Friday night Erin, her brother Josh, and I were at Mall of America waiting for the 9:50 movie to start when we decided to head over to a T•Mobile dealer. About a half hour later we came out with a new cell phone!

Yea!!! I don't know why it's fun to have a new cell phone but hey, I'm easily amused. After almost two years with this last one, some of the buttons not working properly, and some long-distance static, Erin and I both thought it was time for a change.

This latest one (Nokia 6101) has more features than we will know what to do with. Including voice dialing, a camera, a video camera, and a FM radio! Currently our cell rings to the song "Under Pressure" by David Bowie and Queen. And our background picture on the phone is Erin and I with our wedding cake. (Thanks dad.) You can also see the Lady and the Tramp porcelin figures on the top of the cake. (Thanks Em.)

As for the cost, normally it would cost $250-$300 and we got one for $65. (Yes it is all legit.) In the past we have always gone for the freebie phone that is offered but it's kind of an early Christmas present to ourselves.

Anyway, I love the purchase but am keeping it in perspective because as with everything, I will soon become bored with it and want something new. (See my previous post concerning the new iPod.) But for now we have a new phone and our old phone is now a new doorstop.

—b

No comments: