Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Educational, Elegant, Entertainment

In brainstorming on how to relay this weekend's events, the words educational, elegant, and entertainment came to mind.

EDUCATIONAL

Saturday afternoon brought our first baby class. Four hours of everything baby. In fact they should have called it "Baby from Concentrate". Wow. It was very educational and intimidating.

The highlight for both of us was going up to the maternity ward and seeing a one day old baby getting a bath. The lowlight would have been me introducing us the class and explaining the origin of Brevin's name being "from his two dad's". When everyone started laughing, Erin quickly jumped in and corrected my error with "from his two grandpa's". Oops. Sorry honey.



ELEGANT

With Brevin's due date quickly approaching, Erin and I have been a bit more motivated to get some projects done around the home. This past weekend was a filled with the ever popular cleaning of the garage. We ended up making a couple trips to the Google of the physical world called Wal•Mart to pick up some potted flowers, plastic shelving, grilling essentials, kryptonite, outdoor furniture, and the must-have for every garage, a push broom.

(Ok, so we didn't pick up any kryptonite at Wal•Mart. I was just making sure you were paying attention. As everyone knows, kryptonite is a Target exclusive.) ;)

I was very impressed with Erin's determination and pursuit of excellence when it came to cleaning and organizing the garage. (Yes, I'm serious.) She managed to make our garage look as elegant as a garage could look. If I was a foot shorter, had a watermellon attached to my stomach, and had to work in 90 degree heat, I would care less what the garage looked like. In fact, I'd probably burn it down just so that I wouldn't have to worry about organizing it.

Thankfully we didn't only work. Since everyone who has seen Stanley Kubrick's The Shining knows "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."



ENTERTAINMENT

Saturday we met up with the Friendly Stegosaurus and his wife to achieve some full belly's courtesy of the Cheesecake Factory then all headed over to see Norrin Radd and Galactus make their big screen debut in the second Fantastic Four flik. It was fun to hang out with them. Since in the past it has only been Stego and I attending the nerd movies, it was fun for our wives to get know each other a little better and enjoy our fanboyness.

After worship on Sunday, Erin and I (along with 73.8% of our church family) headed out across the street for some "Food, Fun, and Fellowship". Thankfully it was just that. I have a tendancy to sterotype these type of get-to-gethers as forced smiles and clock watching. While Erin and Brevin sat in the shade conversing, a friend of mine from church (Danny) and I headed out to the baseball field to kick the soccer ball around.

So there you have it and "Thanks for stopping by San Diego"...err...where ever you may be from. ;)

—b

2 comments:

A said...

Wow, I must say I am impressed. I was definitely not as adventurous during pregnancy but I also did not have a garage either. :) You go girl!...and guy(s)...

Unknown said...

Yep...that's my Erin. When she's determined to do something, she does it.

—b