Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm Givin' Her All She's Got Captn!

Ah man...I'm feeling overloaded on what to post. It has been such a busy past week for us. My initial reaction when feeling overloaded is to leave the problem and hope it goes away. So far my method hasn't worked. Just so I can get this blog updated, here are some of our happenings over the past few days with one cute picture thrown in:


First off is a constant. It will be til it happens. Brevin Isaac. He (or rather preparing for him) has been dominating our time and thoughts. Sad thing is, he's not even here yet! So what do I mean when I say he's been dominating our time?

Well, we have had two baby showers since I last posted. One from my side of the family at my aunt and uncle's in Hastings, and the other was here at work. Looking at all of the stuff we got I can't help but think we are spoiling him already! But when I stop and think about it, it would be nice having a place for him to sleep, clothes to wear, and tons of those white, poop-catchers. So we really haven't spoiled him but it's still a lot of stuff for someone who doesn't even contribute financially to the family. :)

Still on the Brevin subject is the doctor's appointments and baby classes we have gone to. The doctor visits I was prepared for but when Erin said she signed us up for an "All About Baby's" class, "Breastfeeding" class, and a series of 4 "Childbirth and Parenting Preparation" classes each lasting at least 3.5 hours...wow! Who knew there would be more than enough information to fill 3.5 hours of nothing but breastfeeding. Good grief. As for the whole parenting thing, can't we just buy a kennel and stick him in there when ever we feel like it? After all, Bella loves hers!

(I'm joking by the way concerning the whole kennel thing. I don't want some child protection agency banging down our door.)

This past weekend my dad, mom, and sister came down to visit and attend the baby shower in Hastings. Even that was busy. We ended up going to Claire Givens Violins, seeing a guy get arrested for shoplifting at Barnes and Noble, attending a High School and Doctorite graduation (in the same day I might add), stopping by STEM, and even squeezing a meal in at Applebee's.

Whew...I'm tired after just reading that.

I know I'm missing events but it's getting close to quitting time so I need to cut this short and I aplogize if I missed something important. Enjoy your Wednesday night!

—b

No comments: