Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Afternoon Update

This afternoon I received an instant message from a fellow STEMmer who told me to check out the United States Post Office website (usps.com). The picture above is a screen shot. Obviously the U.S. government has been taken over by Darth Vader and company and their first act was to take over the post office. Interesting tactics. So for fellow Star Wars nerds, check it out and Hail Vader!


On a more serious note, the following is an excerpt from an email from my mom. It's concerning my aunt Ruth. We have a history of heart problems in the family so this is all-too familiar for us.

I wanted to fill you in on something that I am having checked out. Over the past few years I often would get out of breath with certain activities I would be doing. Since I was concentrating so much on my thyroid problems and getting that under control, I didn't give a thought to it. Over the past couple months, Paul has noticed it and has become very concerned. At home, when I walk up a flight of stairs carrying a couple pieces of wood, I get out of breath. When I walk across our parking lot at work I get out of breath.

I finally made a doctor's appointment to discuss what's going on and get things checked out. I have an appointment tomorrow at 10:45.

Anyway, I will keep you posted on what takes place. I would appreciate your prayers.


Thanks mom for the email and I'll add you to my prayer list Ruth!


Here is an answer to prayer from the CityView guy, aka. John Mayer.

Dear Bernt,

The new CV Reports are selling like hotcakes. Today someone ordered 100 for their conference in May at Eagle Brook Church.


In the past, the CityView Reports have been a moderate success, but this year is different. With continued improvements in design, an optional PowerPoint presentation, and a lower price tag, things seem to be going well. Hopefully those who purchase them will find the Lord's calling in putting the info to His use. Click here to get one for yourself!


Last but not least...United States vs Guatemala! The game itself will happen in about 45 minutes but my sources say it won't be broadcast til 8:00 tonight on ESPN2. For those of you who think soccer is boring, the last game our very own Landon Donovan scored a hat trick! USA! USA! USA!

—b

No comments: