Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sympathy Sleep

A lot of guys gain "sympathy weight" when their wife is pregnant. (At least that's what their excuse is.) Me, I have "sympathy sleep". Since becoming pregnant, Erin has been tired early and often. Since Erin has become pregnant, I have been tired early and often.

Why?

I wish I knew. We are on elderly time...going to bed at 9:00! Even going to bed this early, I struggle getting up for devotions in the morning. It's actually kinda annoying. I know that after our son is born, it will be even worse and our schedules will be thrown into a tornado and spit back out again. Oh well, I'll keep fighting it and even add my sleep schedule to my prayer requests. (Funny prayer request isn't it?)

In somewhat related news...
Our doctor called yesterday to schedule the level 2 ultrasound. It's the 30th at 8:45. We haven't heard anything about Erin's bloodwork concerning the CPC's so were hoping no news is good news.

—b


Wednesday, March 21st, 2007/2 Chronicles chapters 13–19

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
"For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His." 2 Chronicles 16:9a

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
I find this passage both comforting and convicting. Comforting in that because I belong to Christ, I have His "strong support". Convicting because I wonder how often my heart is "completely His".


Copyright 2007, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

SPIRITUAL TWIN CITIES NOTEABLES
• There are more Hispanic churches located in the suburbs than in Minneapolis and St. Paul combined.

No comments: