Friday, January 12, 2007

Bounding Beckham

Beckham who?

Major League Soccer is actually getting some international press. To bad it won't really help.

So what am I talking about? Well, across the pond is this game called football; we Americans call it soccer. And one of the faces of that sport (which also happens to be the best looking face) is named David Beckham.

Mr. Beckham is an aging superstar and the MLS has just changed it's rules allowing U.S. teams to aquire 1 big named foriegn star. The L.A. Galaxy took advantage of the new rule aquiring the heartthrob. With the rule change, Major League Soccer hopes to get higher ratings and ultimately more respect.

Sorry MLS, but it's not going to happen. Don't get me wrong I desperately want soccer to become more of a main line sport here in the US of A but David Beckham isn't the answer. (I applaud their efforts though.)

—b

Last month I wrote about a prayer request for Tri Dey Mayer and her father's passing. Well, I'm happy to report that she left for her home country of Indonesia yesterday. She will be there until early February. She was able to work out her passport issues and her husband John said that if her fathers death had to happen it actually happened at a convient time for Tri Dey. Thank you Lord!

Thursday, January 11th, 2007/Deuteronomy chapter 32

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
"This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success." Joshua 1:8

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
When my mind starts to wander, that's when I neede to refocus and "set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth." (Colossians 3:2). If I don't I get into trouble. I need to focus on the Lord and not be tempted to turn to the temptations of my thoughts.

Copyright 2007, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

SPIRITUAL TWIN CITIES NOTEABLES
• The Twin Cities is expected to grow by 1,000,000 people from 2000–2030

No comments: