Monday, January 08, 2007

Eidsmoe/Sykora Christmas

Christmas Bowling

Getting together with family is always interesting. It doesn't matter who you are, there is always interesting stories to tell after it's all said and done. This year's Eidsmoe/Sykora Christmas was no different.

Leif, Cyri, and baby Kayle came to visit this weekend. It's always fun seeing them since they live in Sioux Falls, SD and our networking is less than we'd like it to be. Anyway, during their visit we were able to celebrate Cyri's 26th birthday as well as gather with my Mom's sister's family (the Sykora's) for some bowling and celebrate Christmas.

First was bowling...or should I say, another lesson in humility. Yuk. That's the only thing I can think of to describe my scores. Oh well. Everyone else seemed to have a lot fun. I need to learn to have fun even when my score doesn't hit 90!

After 2 of the longest bowling games of my life we headed down to Hastings. It was a family packed house. With people ranging from 55 to 4 months, we had quite the diverse crowd. Everyone got a little something for gifts. My personal favorite was from my Mom. Fudge in a tupperware container topped with a hotdog holder and held together with some string and a plastic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ring. (Yea, just try and imagine that. I don't think MacGyver could have put anything that complex together.)

After questioning my Mom's sanity, we said our goodbye's and headed for home. Looking back, it was just another typical Eidsmoe/Sykora Christmas. ;)



Congratulations to Chris and Aletha Wachter (our pastor and his wife) on thier 5th wedding anniversary. Also celebrating on the same day, January the 5th, was my sister-in-law Cyri. Happy 26th Birthday C-Dog!


Here's a brief excerpt from Erin's mom De:

Aunt Opy fell at school on Wednesday. She hurt her knee and will not be able to go back to work until January 15. The doctor is making her wait another week for the chemo too.


Please keep her in you prayer's.

—b

Monday, January 8th, 2007/Deuteronomy chapters 21-24

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
"Nevertheless, the LORD your God was not willing to listen to Balaam, but the LORD your God turned the curse into a blessing for you because the LORD your God loves you." Deuteronomy 23:5

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
This is a great companion verse to what Pastor Chris spoke on yesterday. What others (and Satan) mean for evil, the Lord, our God means for good. God is in control and Satan is on a long leash.

Copyright 2007, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

SPIRITUAL TWIN CITIES NOTEABLES

• The Phillips Neighborhood of South Minneapolis has become the most diverse single neighborhood in America with 100+ languages spoken there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that some people have had problems posting comments on the blog, so I'm just testing it out to see if I have the same problems!

Have a great day everyone!

Unknown said...

Thanks Erin. Yea I have heard that too. Please don't give up. If nothing else, email me and I'll post 'em. I love getting comments. It reinforces that people actually read this thing. ;)

—b