Wednesday, January 03, 2007

What the Future Holds...?

Unlike The Chains (pictured) I don't have a crystal ball that looks like balloon to see what's up and coming. So when STEM CEO Roger Peterson asked if I would still be working for STEM in 2007, my response was "I don't know".

I'm not sure if that's what I should have said or not, but it was honest. Yesterday each STEM employee met with Roger individually to go over "A, B, and C" budget options. Roger has known I haven't been 100% happy with some things ever since the last Mission Maker so that's probably what stemmed his question.

With Erin and I having to provide our own health insurance and just "getting by" financially, I can't forsee me being a STEM employee through the entire year. But I do say that with some reservations. I have no idea what the Lord has instore for Erin and I. Who knows, maybe I'll be here for the next 5 to 10 years. You never know.

I haven't applied for anything yet, but I'm keeping my eyes open. And yes, I'm going to be honest with Roger/STEM. (After all, I am posting this on the internet.)

I'd appreciate your prayers on this matter. Just telling your current boss that your not sure how much longer you will be employed by him isn't the easiest (and probably the smartest) thing in the world.


To use a phrase made famous by Monty Python's Flying Circus...


One disadvantage of visiting Moorhead this year for Christmas was missing Erin's dad Kevin giving the Christmas Eve message. But luckily through the miracle of technology ;) I was able to download it off Faith Baptist Church's website. (To find it, look at the left hand column and click on the "Sunday's Messages" link.)

NOTE: I couldn't get the player on the actual website to work so I just clicked on the "Click Here" link and dowloaded to iTunes.

Very good Kevin! It was cool to listen to you preach during work.

—b


Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007/Deuteronomy chapters 6–8

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
"But you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth," Deuteronomy 8:18a

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
Far to often I put the pressure of designing upon myself; upon my own abilities. That's the wrong way to work. After all, it was the Lord who gave me my abilities, I need to go right to the original source to make the most out of my job. I need to continually ask the Lord for the creativity.

Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

SPIRITUAL TWIN CITIES NOTEABLES

The Twin Cities is home to 2 witch prison chaplains who start witch covens in prisons by converting prisoners to witchcraft.

No comments: